• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Normie Hate Thread

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
What does "psychological distress" mean? Anxiety and depression, or something like psychosis?
I don't know, but women definitely strike me as more prone to being "psychologically distressed". They can't deal with stress and anxiety like guys can. A guy I worked with developed alopecia in his beard because they were working him too hard (12.5 hours a day with no lunch break) and he'd have a bad attitude, but he got the work done. A woman would've quit.

Toast

Forum Clout
Ok who has abstract non-verbal thoughts and have to consciously verbalize them? How the fuck dont you hear your voice in your head when thinking? I didn't really give a care for college, does this mean I'm one of the dumb ones?

RobertMewler

Forum Clout
I usually listen to podcasts or old Stern shows, etc. in the background to entertain me and distract myself from my ongoing inner monologue; especially when doing otherwise mindless chores like cooking or washing dishes (the sort of occasion where one might want to be alone with their thoughts). I can't listen to music much anymore because I've come to prefer listening to other human voices in discussion, not melodies.

I read an account of someone who had no idea what an internal monologue was and got spooked when they started to develop it in their twenties. They practiced hard and finally became comfortable with it. That must have been kinda freaky, thinking you were hearing voices like a schizo or something.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I usually listen to podcasts or old Stern shows, etc. in the background to entertain me and distract myself from my ongoing inner monologue; especially when doing otherwise mindless chores like cooking or washing dishes (the sort of occasion where one might want to be alone with their thoughts). I can't listen to music much anymore because I've come to prefer listening to other human voices in discussion, not melodies.
I'm like this. I want to switch off the me in my head talking. Sometimes the monologue drowns out what I'm trying to listen to, so I retain none of the information. I'll even listen to loud rawk music (dvv dvv) just to block it our for a while.

Nick DiPaolo said he was being driven crazy by living in LA, and he'd start to talk to himself out loud. I can see that happening under stress or frustration. I told a 19 year old guy at a liquor store to fuck off because he asked if I needed any help, like nigger, you're 19 and I'm in here all the time.

G

I'm like this. I want to switch off the me in my head talking. Sometimes the monologue drowns out what I'm trying to listen to, so I retain none of the information. I'll even listen to loud rawk music (dvv dvv) just to block it our for a while.

Nick DiPaolo said he was being driven crazy by living in LA, and he'd start to talk to himself out loud. I can see that happening under stress or frustration. I told a 19 year old guy at a liquor store to fuck off because he asked if I needed any help, like nigger, you're 19 and I'm in here all the time.

Sometimes I get frustrated at people and start venting to myself under my breath.

Sometimes people notice and they probably think i’m a lunatic. It’s cathartic though, oh well.

Build Black Better

Just say no to crack but yes to parmesan
Forum Clout
Screenshot_20230616_014621_Brave.jpg

If she had any sense of irony, she would have expelled her blood into the vanity next to the toilet.