• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Nintendo Switch?

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
The new Kirby game (Forgotten Land?) play pretty good.
Mario Maker 2 is pretty good if only because there's an endless stream of player-made levels to play sorted by difficulty level. You need the online for that though.
Super Mario Party blows and it's a fucking ripoff. There's only four boards. But, it's the only one on Switch you can get, so.
Xenoblade 2 was good but it's weeb shit so that's up to you. I haven't played 3.
Mario Kart 8 is flashy but it's weirdly boring. It's probably the worst one.
As others have said, Breath of the Wild is good. It's not a traditional Zelda game though.
Mario Odyssey is decent. If you've played the other 3D Marios it won't impress but it's good.

This is true, there are a lot of good ones on there. Most of them are multiplat.
Steamworld Dig 1&2 and Steamworld Heist were decent.
Someone else mentioned it but Stardew Valley is good if you like Harvest Moon type stuff.
Ys 8 is okay but it's mediocre at best.
Super Bomberman R is fun if you have people over for some local multiplayer. The online has been dead for years though.
Sonic Mania is on there too. It wasn't as good as 3&K but it's not bad.
Agree on Kart and Party. Both games are completely underwhelming, but the girls don't know how much better they used to be, so they don't mind.

Bomberman for PS2 was always a blast when playing local. Might pick that one up.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
I got a switch my girl and family for Christmas. Bought the smash game and the Mario kart game. Anyone know if the neww Metroid is any good?
New Metroid is really good however the sections you are constantly being chased by robots that you have to parry precisely or you instantly die is such a dumb mechanic that gets old fast.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
The best thing abut the Switch is being able to play basically all the classic vintage NES games.
but you gotta pay for them and it's hard to hack them for free. Wii U you basically download some shit on a memory card and stick it in the machine and you know what dude, boom! You've got every game ever made in 5 minutes for free. They also have an e-store but fuck you I'm not giving you $10 for some shit that should be public domain like Super Mario World from 30 years ago.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Forum Clout
but you gotta pay for them and it's hard to hack them for free. Wii U you basically download some shit on a memory card and stick it in the machine and you know what dude, boom! You've got every game ever made in 5 minutes for free. They also have an e-store but fuck you I'm not giving you $10 for some shit that should be public domain like Super Mario World from 30 years ago.
The fuck brothermen everything beyond ps2 can be easily play on your phone

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
The fuck brothermen everything beyond ps2 can be easily play on your phone

I would never play games on a phone brotherman, not my thing. I quit playing games like 20 years ago but having kids now that play them I dip my toe in every so often. I like controllers and TV and I like the idea of one box with 3000 games on it I can play with good controllers.

G

My boy's PS5 arrived on the 22nd, supposed to come on the 9th, but at least it was delivered in time for Xmas. Was never much of a gamer- just had a Sega Megadrive (Genesis for you American faggots), N64 and PS2. Then grew up. The kids like it though

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
780lx1688p821.jpg

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Forum Clout
I would never play games on a phone brotherman, not my thing. I quit playing games like 20 years ago but having kids now that play them I dip my toe in every so often. I like controllers and TV and I like the idea of one box with 3000 games on it I can play with good controllers.
They make phone that have the controllers and shit nowadays and you can play up to ps2 games on them, it's easier to install an app and download a rom than to hack a Wii u imo

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Forum Clout
My boy's PS5 arrived on the 22nd, supposed to come on the 9th, but at least it was delivered in time for Xmas. Was never much of a gamer- just had a Sega Megadrive (Genesis for you American faggots), N64 and PS2. Then grew up. The kids like it though
Way to make a game thread about yourself again gowster. I only had a nes growing up btw I win

bantadant

Fantastic Man
Forum Clout
Luigi's Mansion 3 is pretty good.

Breathe of the Wild was on Wii U too, in fact lots of the games are. They still haven't made a new Donkey Kong.

Wii U was similar graphics wise and in tons of ways and better because more easily hacked to just stick every NES/SNES/SEGA/ETC game on there.

Switch is good though because they brought back the idea of a shitload of games made by whoever and not just like 7. Some of the best games we've got on that were like $5 on the E-store. Speaking of which, get Blazing Beaks. This Little Nightmares game my daughters been playing looks cool. Keep an eye on the Eshop there are frequent sales.

I hate shit with in game purchases. We've got Mortal Kombat and there's a bunch of characters you have to buy separate and shit. They should just be earned secretly in the game. Also, MK has all this stupid extra animation breaks...you'll be fighting then all a sudden there's like a 15 second cartoon of one character doing a move to another. Lots of gay shit for sure.

But like I said, lots of cheap independent games.

The Wii U is some great shit to have these days if you jailbreak it. I have mine setup with the first 10 Mario Party games on it and every Zelda game up until Breath of the Wild (except for Link Between Worlds, I think)