Nana is drinking again

bumbum8

It died on the vine
Why give a fuck what people think at this point? He may as well drink as much as he wants, on air even. Does he really think he's fooling anyone with these lame excuses?

I have a couple of actual good natured drunk guys in my family. They've been through some horrible shit and would just prefer to be blitzed all the time. If they go to the doctor, they'll get told to stop drinking or smoking and answer with "Nah" and keep it moving. They don't give anyone any expectations and they don't lie to people to make themselves look good.

It's the people like Nana who have to play pretty and pretend to get better who piss me off. Hiding bottles by taping them to the ceiling fan blades, stuffing them in the flour bin and all that kind of crackhead nonsense drives me up the wall.

Anthony doesn't have kids, his parents are dead, his friends have abandoned him. If there was any time in his life to run towards death, now would be it. But no, let's make it seem like we're being a good little boy and following doctor's orders.

"Well I HAD to go to karaoke! I HAD to drink first!"

You could do sober sing-alongs at your fucking house. Fucking wet brains always think they're so smart with the bullshit

damn son, do you work in rehab?
Nah, I've just known a lot of alcoholics and drug addicts. Right after his hospital stay, Nana had that same look of total terror that every alcoholic gets when they're forced to quit, and the only way to keep that demon at bay is to get drunk again. It's easier than facing reality. His entire personality revolves around booze, without it he'd have to totally reinvent himself, and we all know he's too lazy and cowardly for that. And what would be the point anyway?

Peckas

Helping those 8 to 80
I laughed when he tried to pretend that his heavy daily boozing was in part a consequence of his massive fame. He didn't want to pound shots and beers every day, but "the fans" kept sending him shots and beers, so what was he gonna do? He's so clearly an alcoholic in deep, deep denial. His booze-fueled lifestyle nearly killed him, but in his mind, it was just an unrelated medical problem, not the drinking. And he's already heavily rationalizing, making silly jokes about the harmless mimosas and glasses of wine he's chugging. He's a goner, mark my words. I've seen this same story play out many times, and it always ends the same way.
You don’t think an
why would he want to be sad? Just a case of bud light will fix it.

Nah, I've just known a lot of alcoholics and drug addicts. Right after his hospital stay, Nana had that same look of total terror that every alcoholic gets when they're forced to quit, and the only way to keep that demon at bay is to get drunk again. It's easier than facing reality. His entire personality revolves around booze, without it he'd have to totally reinvent himself, and we all know he's too lazy and cowardly for that. And what would be the point anyway?

This is good stuff, I honestly appreciate it.

I've tried lurking over on the "cripplingalcoholism" subreddit, and it's a bit tedious, because the advice is always "you got this," and "you just need willpower." When my own experience seems to indicate that it's not just about stopping the boozing, you also have to think long and hard about finding some activity that you can do instead of boozing.

For me, it's the slow realization that nearly all of my hobbies revolve around having a cocktail in my hand. And in Ant's case, it seems to be a combination of "sitting in front of the computer with a beer nearby," and "hanging out with Gavin."

Years ago I had a friend who built a brewery and they made some damn fine beer. Then his doctor told him that all the beer was giving him diabetes. He stopped drinking and lost around 80lbs in the span of a year. We were talking about it one night, and he was lamenting the fact that his entire retirement plan was to basically hang out with his wife at their brewery and just live out their days like they were on that TV show "Cheers." And he seemed genuinely bummed that he'd have to find something else to do, especially since his wife still drank. He fired up a cigar (I can't stand ex-drinkers who think cigars can replace booze) and we sat there puffing on a disgusting stogey while he looked sad.

Now the roles have reversed; I stopped drinking and he's started again, and now I'm trying to figure out what my new hobby should be.

I disagree.

This is why you see him Tweeting from restaurant balconies. His doctor probably told him he can have a drink if he's "out at dinner" so now he's "out at dinner" all the time. I hung out with this man for like 8 years and we ventured outside of his dumb house like 5 times. Suddenly Anthony wants to go out on the town and see what's up? Get the fuck outta here.
"On the other side, wine is considered food". You know he loves that Sopranos quote. I don't believe there's any doctor that ever told him drinking again is OK. I believe he says that, but I don't believe it ever happened. It'd be like a doctor telling Artie Lange "sure, a few Norcos once in a while is fine".

lowend73

never caught lackin
You can tell a lot about a person from the halves of their face.

View attachment 193317
Attempting to look in control. Bugging one eye open with it focused on the camera to look alert. Eyebrow furrowed in a worrisome manner and contradictory to the message he’s trying to portray with the rest of his face. The right sides appearance? Frightened.

View attachment 193318
Eye hooded shut and unable to fully open or even look at the camera. Mouth furled in abject disgust. Eyebrows too weak to move but give off a perplexed look of worry. The left side summed up in one word? Resignation.

View attachment 193320

Look at this face and tell me he’s ok, both physically and mentally. You can see the pain, the disgust, the weakness, the resentment, the guilt, the fear, the “trying to keep it together” and putting on a strong face.

He’s so fucked.
Im sure he was drawing comparisons between himself and the time a fictional TV character named Tony Soprano was in the hospital

This is good stuff, I honestly appreciate it.

I've tried lurking over on the "cripplingalcoholism" subreddit, and it's a bit tedious, because the advice is always "you got this," and "you just need willpower." When my own experience seems to indicate that it's not just about stopping the boozing, you also have to think long and hard about finding some activity that you can do instead of boozing.

For me, it's the slow realization that nearly all of my hobbies revolve around having a cocktail in my hand. And in Ant's case, it seems to be a combination of "sitting in front of the computer with a beer nearby," and "hanging out with Gavin."

Years ago I had a friend who built a brewery and they made some damn fine beer. Then his doctor told him that all the beer was giving him diabetes. He stopped drinking and lost around 80lbs in the span of a year. We were talking about it one night, and he was lamenting the fact that his entire retirement plan was to basically hang out with his wife at their brewery and just live out their days like they were on that TV show "Cheers." And he seemed genuinely bummed that he'd have to find something else to do, especially since his wife still drank. He fired up a cigar (I can't stand ex-drinkers who think cigars can replace booze) and we sat there puffing on a disgusting stogey while he looked sad.

Now the roles have reversed; I stopped drinking and he's started again, and now I'm trying to figure out what my new hobby should be.
Shut up you fat stupid faggot. Maybe your new hobby should be stopping posting retard.

Just thinking of that clip of Jimmy talking about when he went to the compound and how awkward it was. The one where they were watching the choppy version of the star trek movie that was out at the time and how Ant was just stood at the kitchen counter with a gun on his hip "not a friend to be had". It was hilarious listening to it at the time but thinking back now, it was just an indicator of the lonely path that nana was already on.

I'm sure those compound shows where he had his 17 year old gf on his lap and he was surrounded by "friends" and family who all wanted a piece of the nana pie seem long ago now. Now he can't even find people who pretend to like him. It's just him, his thoughts and his collapsing heart.

Have another glass of wine nana. Everything's going to plan and you're still hilarious! :image_9253:
On the other hand being stone sober get's you Jimmy's current life. It's a tough one, man.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
If you listen to the whole Nicolini saga compilation there’s a part where Keith needs to get Jill her ridiculous Starbucks drink and he keeps the change out of a 100 “as a fee” because Ant is going on vacation with just her next week so by extension he hurt Keith’s feelings. Ant then “hahaha holly shiits” then leaves it alone.
I believe @BenDovid said Keith would shake down AntH whenever he learned about how much AntH spent on one of his girlfriends, which is hilarious

I don't understand people who can't just stick to drinking on the weekends, or just take a few months off once in a while. How humiliating to believe that a substance genuinely has full control over you.

Everyone will be different, but the thing that got me drinking like a fish was when I discovered that you never get a hangover if you have a shot or two in the morning, after drinking the night before.

Once you learn that, you transition from a couple shots of scotch at 7am, to a full tumbler of booze at 7am, and then you find yourself drinking from morning to night.

And THEN you wind up in a situation where if you STOP drinking you go through withdrawal.

I assume that Ant got into Xanax because he was trying to deal with withdrawal symptoms.

Basically your booze/drug habits can go up 400% or more, when you have to drink booze or take drugs to avoid withdrawals.

I know it's boring and banal, but you basically wind up in a spot where you can't even get drunk anymore, because "drunk" isn't even a thing anymore, you're just fucked up all day.

Remember how they used to talk about how it was impossible to tell if Ant was drunk or not? That's a sure fire sign that someone's progressed to that point.

There's nothing like trying to buy a drink in the morning and getting denied because it's not even 6am and they can't sell one to you.

TorpidSloth

Everyone will be different, but the thing that got me drinking like a fish was when I discovered that you never get a hangover if you have a shot or two in the morning, after drinking the night before.

Once you learn that, you transition from a couple shots of scotch at 7am, to a full tumbler of booze at 7am, and then you find yourself drinking from morning to night.

And THEN you wind up in a situation where if you STOP drinking you go through withdrawal.

I assume that Ant got into Xanax because he was trying to deal with withdrawal symptoms.

Basically your booze/drug habits can go up 400% or more, when you have to drink booze or take drugs to avoid withdrawals.

I know it's boring and banal, but you basically wind up in a spot where you can't even get drunk anymore, because "drunk" isn't even a thing anymore, you're just fucked up all day.

Remember how they used to talk about how it was impossible to tell if Ant was drunk or not? That's a sure fire sign that someone's progressed to that point.

There's nothing like trying to buy a drink in the morning and getting denied because it's not even 6am and they can't sell one to you.
Yeah, I didn't mean that I can't comprehend how it happens. More that I can't understand letting it happen. I'm probably just a pussy, but I would always take the hangover over the hair of the dog - unless I was on a guys trip or something.

Turry Fawks

Seven toothbrushes
I'm probably just a pussy, but I would always take the hangover over the hair of the dog
Dealing with the fallout is the opposite of being a pussy. Unless you're such a hardcore alcoholic that stopping might kill you there's no reason to avoid the hangover. Alcoholics are the wimps who can't handle having a sore tummy and a headache for a day.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
The thing that got me to realize that Ant was a complete fucking retard was the Jill Nicolini situation.

First off, it was just batshit insane that a former Playboy model was so hard up for a partner, that she'd date a ghoul like him. But the thing that REALLY made me realize that Ant was an ass, was that he not only cheated on her, and blew up his relationship, he then proceeded to burn that bridge to the ground by viciously shitting on her for an entire hour on the radio.
He's not a good person. And now, he's not even funny