• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Mystic River

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
One of those movies with extreme levels of coincidence. Three main characters are friends as kids, decades later are all connected by a homicide of one of their daughters. Lead detective just happens to know the father AND main suspect and were best friends. Crazy friend who was molested just happens to beat a pedophile to death night of the daughter's murder. Crazy friend does not report it to police. Police do not discover it and keep that information hidden from the father until the last minute. Dennis Lehane who wrote it said he wrote the entire thing as a tragedy and ignored all of the police procedures.

The tired cliche of a murder mystery where the most obvious suspect turns out to be innocent is boring at this point. Best murder mystery of all time is Memories of Murder. Which is based on real murders. Spoiler.....the killer is not only never caught, but the director knew that the killer would watch the film and had the ending reflect that. Citizen X is another good murder mystery that is not well known.

A better movie twist with Tim Robbins is something like Arlington Road instead. That has a downer ending but is at least earned. The ending of Mystic River is almost hilarious in that Sean Penn just goes on with life and his wife just laughs at dead Tim Robbins. And Kevin Bacon gets his wife back so he just ignored how his old friend was murdered over nothing.

P

potatopeeler63

I watched this when the shit came out on DVD.

I don't remember anything about it, except that Sean Penn is an ugly gay motherfucking bitch nigger and I don't like him in anything (except for Fast Times).
He was good in that cop movie with robert duval and in that prison movie where he fights the spic and stabs him.
child

Kim_Jong_Poon_

Yes. I had cyber sex sessions with Leslie.
Forum Clout
Tim Robbins wasn't well casted. It probably made sense to cast him as the rape victim retard at the time, but it wasn't close to believable. I thought Penn (while you can be cynical), had a great performance

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
Forum Clout
Tim Robbins wasn't well casted. It probably made sense to cast him as the rape victim retard at the time, but it wasn't close to believable. I thought Penn (while you can be cynical), had a great performance
Penn was great, Robbins was good as the weirdo shuffling buttfuck victim, Bacon was spot on. I enjoyed the movie for what it was for basically the length of the running time but jesus christ that ending was amateur hour

Naked_Militiaman

Powdered Toast Man
Forum Clout
I read Mystic River in high school for some reason. It was well-written but way too long and not really a ‘great’ read overall. It’s better than the movie but that’s about all I would say. As for crime movies set in Boston, The Friends of Eddie Coyle shits all over Mystic River.

If you want to read a good crime book read “Nothing Lasts Forever” by Roderick Thorpe (the book that was made into Die Hard). I was surprised how entertaining it was and how different it was from the movie. Picture the original movie but with the n-word and c-word thrown around.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Just watched this shit. Pretty good movie for two hours and then the ending completely has diarrhea all over itself. What the fuck
Honestly I liked the ending. They seemed to send the message that Dave was too messed up to really function that well anyways and his mental health was declining. Though it made me Hate the character of Jimmy's wife. what a cunt. He basically confesses that he realized he accidentally killed his childhood friend and she basically tells him he's great for doing it. such a stupid bitch.

wasnt tim robbins molested in this? (get spoiled niggers, idgac)

Yup, he gets his basket pushed in by two old weirdos and manages to escape. not really spoilers since that's like the first 5 mins of the movie

IDidThisForYou

Posting in the bakowza
Forum Clout
I always felt bad for Tim Robbins character. Gets raped by Rawls from The Wire as a child and grows up disturbed and damaged. Meanwhile, Sean penns character, who’s already gotten away with one murder, kills him based on wife gossip and feels ok once his wife pats him on the back. Btw, Laura Linney is a cunt in every role she’s in.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I always felt bad for Tim Robbins character. Gets raped by Rawls from The Wire as a child and grows up disturbed and damaged. Meanwhile, Sean penns character, who’s already gotten away with one murder, kills him based on wife gossip and feels ok once his wife pats him on the back. Btw, Laura Linney is a cunt in every role she’s in.
That is the odd thing with the movie. It is written like Tim Robbins being murdered is some tragedy. But in reality he was a disturbed maniac who was never the same since being raped as a kid. And the two other main characters basically write it off as a mercy killing and get back to their regular lives like nothing happened. But at the end of the movie I do not feel sorry for Tim Robbins nor the dead daughter.

And Tim Robbins is not really murdered on gossip. He is seen at the bar with the daughter. He withholds this information from people. The same night he vanishes from the bar and winds up home covered in blood. He tells his wife nothing happened. He tells literally not one person that he beat a pedophile to death until the last possible moment when he has no more credibility. Tim Robbins' character should have been executed on principal alone for his stupidity.

Robbins begging for mercy and saying he didn't do it was like Matthew Drinkwater levels of stupid from The Sopranos. "It was all Sean". "That sugarless motherfucker is your last drink"!