• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

My favorite Beatles bootleg is “watching rainbows”

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
guitars in storage,; I think I could probably do it, but I have no way to prove it, nor do I know for sure.

It’s not easy, they were great musicians.

Do you think creating and playing melodies billions of people remember and sing to isn’t an equal indication of musical ability as something like this? Is dexterity the only measure of skill?

I appreciate the skill involved but it does absolutely nothing for me, I’d rather have George playing a moody slide or John screaming a rhythm out.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Do you think creating and playing melodies billions of people remember and sing to isn’t an equal indication of musical ability as something like this? Is dexterity the only measure of skill?
Highly skeptical of this appeal to popularity. Hundreds of millions of people have a similar affinity for Drake or Rihanna, Big Bang Theory was one of the biggest shows of all time, and Family Guy existed in the mainstream quotable cultural psyche for ages. People are stupid, and for the most part they like stupid uncomplicated things. Pizza, super hero movies, Taylor Swift, and when the in-laws come over, The Beatles.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Highly skeptical of this appeal to popularity. Hundreds of millions of people have a similar affinity for Drake or Rihanna, Big Bang Theory was one of the biggest shows of all time, and Family Guy existed in the mainstream quotable cultural psyche for ages. People are stupid, and for the most part they like stupid uncomplicated things. Pizza, super hero movies, Taylor Swift, and when the in-laws come over, The Beatles.

That’s a fair point but the Beatles aren’t marvel tier populism, they really did innovate music as we know it.

Turk February

Forum Clout
That’s a fair point but the Beatles aren’t marvel tier populism, they really did innovate music as we know it.
You know what, I'm willing to concede. I had to defend The Simpsons to @Sue Lightning , the Beatles do nothing for me, but they probably would if their influence hadn't soaked into the fabric of everything I know and enjoy better.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
You know what, I'm willing to concede. I had to defend The Simpsons to @Sue Lightning , the Beatles do nothing for me, but they probably would if their influence hadn't soaked into the fabric of everything I know and enjoy better.
I think i made the exact argument in that thread, or you’re reading my mind, i cant remember. But yeah when people throw out “Oh the simpsons is so influential” like Patrice said about Hitchock… “That doesn’t mean it don’t stink!”

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
I think i made the exact argument in that thread, or you’re reading my mind, i cant remember. But yeah when people throw out “Oh the simpsons is so influential” like Patrice said about Hitchock… “That doesn’t mean it don’t stink!”

IMG_1954.jpeg

Turk February

Forum Clout
Playing 3 chords is easy, making 3 chords interesting to listen to is what takes talent. If you're an autistic retard with no soul obviously you won't appreciate it. Also they obviously did way more than just play 3 chords.
love love me doooooo you knooooow i love you :rolleyes: amazin stuff

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
Elvis rules, funster.

I don't mind him now but used to hate him from running into people that would try to have legit arguments that he was better than The Beatles. Bunch of Elvis crap around their houses. I don't run into anyone like that anymore. Turns out Elvis was kinda badass in his own way but he's no artist mannnnn

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Forum Clout
I don't mind him now but used to hate him from running into people that would try to have legit arguments that he was better than The Beatles. Bunch of Elvis crap around their houses. I don't run into anyone like that anymore. Turns out Elvis was kinda badass in his own way but he's no artist mannnnn
“Before Elvis there was nothing” said the guy that went on a gay holiday with Brian Epstein, funster.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
There was probably good things before standardized notation, and it's just gone. The fuck knows.

Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Ike Turner, Fats Domino, Little Richard, all predate Elvis. Buddy Holly was only a short while after and he actually wrote his material and shit. Fuck, Beatles name came from the Crickets.

Jack FN

I ain't no square with my corkscrew hair
Forum Clout
"I remember the first time I was lonely without her" is probably my favorite lyric. It is simple and stupid but fawk it hits.