• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Musicians More Respected Than Joseph Colleen Cumia

Forum Clout
Anal-Cunt-Seth-Putnam-shooting-heroin-while-getting-a-blowjob-from-a-groupie-uncensored-1080x1...jpg

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Oh, God.

This fucking daft cunt here...

You all can joke about my Genesis tenure, but it wasn't as much of a joke as Garth Brooks' Chris Gaines experiment.

He wasn't even gallus with that dumb shit, he took it seriously, and that's why it failed.
That was such a weird idea and complete disaster. If I remember they were supposed to do a movie with Garth playing the character and they thought this would help before they even shot the movie? I think the only live performance “Chris Gaines” did was on SNL that was hosted by Garth Brooks. Mick Foley can pull off different characters, not Garth.

Did they ever do any kind of documentary on that disaster? Be interesting to see what they wanted to do and how it all feel apart to now being called one of biggest flops in music history.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
That was such a weird idea and complete disaster. If I remember they were supposed to do a movie with Garth playing the character and they thought this would help before they even shot the movie? I think the only live performance “Chris Gaines” did was on SNL that was hosted by Garth Brooks. Mick Foley can pull off different characters, not Garth.

Did they ever do any kind of documentary on that disaster? Be interesting to see what they wanted to do and how it all feel apart to now being called one of biggest flops in music history.

I became an indirect expert on this asshole alternate identity, I'll tell you what I know*:

* I first would like to clarify I don't think Garth is an asshole. In fact, he's pretty beloved in our industry because he's generally very nice, I've been told. Neva meddum tho. Axe Jay.

Anyway, he was supposed to do a movie about the character but it hinged on the success of the Chris Gaines album. That album did terribly, far well below Garths usual sales, so the movie was tabled. The best Brooks could salvage was a "Behind The Music" special where Gaines was treated as a real person, with Garth also playing himself.

I'm not making any of that up. I remember it so damn well, watching that episode, and it burned in my brain. I made Steve watch my rip of it to ensure I wasn't alone in thinking it was crazy (I wasn't, he agreed).

I ask myself to this very day: why didn't Garth just make a rock album as Garth fucking Brooks? He wasn't going to embarrass himself like Pat Boone with "In A Metal Mood". And it wouldn't seem like such a joke - in fact, it might not have even bombed.

Actually, yeah, it probably still would've.

FFWBTdad

Forum Clout
Then I would pose a question to those people that are not you...

What would ruin an album more: a new lead singer with a great voice who doesn't sound like Phil Collins, or songs that had the lyrical comparability of Tony's "Bankstatement" debacle and the weakest of Mike and The Mechanics?

I worked with what I was given, fellas. Certainly, I helped where I could on some of those songs, but the album groundwork was set before I even joined. I had no power.

When the band changed from Peter to Phil during "A Trick of the Tail", they hadn't hit their boom period yet, and that change happened internally within the family. CAS was the opposite - they were the biggest they'd ever been and were hiring from the outside. Maybe if things were successful and I was given time, I could've turned into an equal, but I was just hired help despite the pedestal of the position.

But I'm not bitter!
I know you're some mcfaggot larping as Ray Wilson, but I will say Ray Wilson is a much better singer than effeminate Phil Collins.