• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Men who say "Yummy" hate thread

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Yeah threw me off too. I never heard of a Cracker Barrel restaurant until I moved to Florida. I've never been in one.

His comment had me do a deep dive on this company... It's actually successful, this chain? And it's an old fashioned general store, too?

This just sounds bloody weird.

RedGlareRecipient

Rocketeer
Forum Clout
His comment had me do a deep dive on this company... It's actually successful, this chain? And it's an old fashioned general store, too?

This just sounds bloody weird.
It appeals to the Southern / Midwestern “home cooking” appetite and sells a bunch of old-timey treats and chintzy garbage you’d find in the likes of a Skymall or a Vermont Country Store.

They’re actually headquartered in a town near me, so they definitely have a presence in my area. They sponsor a lot of high school football stuff. All in all, it’s okay but not great. You could just home-cook this home cooking yourself and do a better job, but Southern boomers but fucking love it.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
It appeals to the Southern / Midwestern “home cooking” appetite and sells a bunch of old-timey treats and chintzy garbage you’d find in the likes of a Skymall or a Vermont Country Store.

They’re actually headquartered in a town near me, so they definitely have a presence in my area. They sponsor a lot of high school football stuff. All in all, it’s okay but not great. You could just home-cook this home cooking yourself and do a better job, but Southern boomers but fucking love it.

Intriguing.

We have chains like Sfinx, Bon Apetito, and Da Grasso here in Poland. Not a bad choice when you're on the road and just need something quick, as long as you don't care if it's fried or unhealthy. With my current diet, I have to be a little bit pickier. Not the type of places I would consider "fine cuisine" to take Mal to.

This Cracker Barrel of yours sounds less appealing than those three, which is something.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
I had to look that up - that's a restaurant in America? What the Fuck is wrong with the South over there?

I always thought a Cracker Barrel was something Hillbillies gathered around to praise God, bag on minorities and yell about "the South shall rise again" or some rubbish like that.

Actually, I guess the restaurant probably isn't any different.
My mom goes to Nashville a lot and always stops at a Cracker Barrel to marvel at the many freakishly obese people who populate Cracker Barrels.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
@TheGhostOfAbeVigoda so it's like Wal-Mart in restaurant form.

Next time I run into the American expats post-show, I'm going to have a lot of questions to ask.
Yeah, pretty much. Also everything in the place is for sale. You can buy the utensils you eat with if you want to. You could probably buy the cash register or the souls of the wait staff.

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
I had to look that up - that's a restaurant in America? What the Fuck is wrong with the South over there?

I always thought a Cracker Barrel was something Hillbillies gathered around to praise God, bag on minorities and yell about "the South shall rise again" or some rubbish like that.

Actually, I guess the restaurant probably isn't any different.
I always stop at cracker barrel when I drive thru Arizona. It's cheap and filling.