• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Mel's Comeback Continues

G

listen to his fucking accent in this

[MEDIA=youtube]AdbGOp-tT8w[/MEDIA]
I'm embarrassed to say that I spent a bit of time in my late teens hanging around the fringes of one of the Arsenal "firms." This film is a complete joke. Hunnam's Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins-level cockney accent aside, it's total horseshit from start to finish.

The Football Factory is a lot more accurate. Basically a bunch of bored and aggressive young dickheads led by truly pathetic guys in their 30s and 40s, a lot of who have families and decent jobs, but whose idea of a great Saturday is getting pissed on cheap lager, keyed up on shit coke and going to the football to kick fuck out of someone.

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
Forum Clout
I'm embarrassed to say that I spent a bit of time in my late teens hanging around the fringes of one of the Arsenal "firms." This film is a complete joke. Hunnam's Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins-level cockney accent aside, it's total horseshit from start to finish.

The Football Factory is a lot more accurate. Basically a bunch of bored and aggressive young dickheads led by truly pathetic guys in their 30s and 40s, a lot of who have families and decent jobs, but whose idea of a great Saturday is getting pissed on cheap lager, keyed up on shit coke and going to the football to kick fuck out of someone.
green street's redeeming factors is the gear they wear and the music, and yeah football factory's a lot better.
i take it you've seen I.D? (95 it came out) probably the "objectively" best hooligan movie but i do have a soft spot for football factory
btw, any funny/interesting stories regarding your "firm" days lol?

G

btw, any funny/interesting stories regarding your "firm" days lol?
Not really. It was around the early days of Wenger. I didn't jump in with two feet and only took part in a couple of scraps at home games with spurs and Chelsea. There were a couple of guys in their 40s who were some of the "higher ups." This one guy Liam had a wife and kids and was some kind of salesman. Drove a nice car, always had rolls of cash on him. I remember he came to the pub one time after being locked up for a month for bashing someone up and laughing about how he lost his job. It was the moment I really realised what a bunch of utter losers they all were. I was 17. Stopped going to the football around the same time.

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
Forum Clout
Not really. It was around the early days of Wenger. I didn't jump in with two feet and only took part in a couple of scraps at home games with spurs and Chelsea. There were a couple of guys in their 40s who were some of the "higher ups." This one guy Liam had a wife and kids and was some kind of salesman. Drove a nice car, always had rolls of cash on him. I remember he came to the pub one time after being locked up for a month for bashing someone up and laughing about how he lost his job. It was the moment I really realised what a bunch of utter losers they all were. I was 17. Stopped going to the football around the same time.
it's fucking mental how football just completely changes people. myself included, get pished and start blasting songs and thinking "yes man" lol

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Looks like it might be so bad it'll be good.

If you want to see His Holiness in a more serious role I'd recommend The Professor and the Madman, where he pairs off against Sean Penn. I'd love to hear how those two interacted behind the scene.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
It'd be one thing if he were a guy who had nothing going on in his life like Pat but the fact that he had a decent career going with a family and lost it over soccer is somehow more pathetic.

G

It'd be one thing if he were a guy who had nothing going on in his life like Pat but the fact that he had a decent career going with a family and lost it over soccer is somehow more pathetic.
Yeah, and then instead of having a moment of self-reflection and never fucking up again he went straight down to the pub to "brag" about it to his friends. I put it in quotes because he wasn't a dumb guy so must have felt at least a bit ashamed of himself but the machismo bullshit had to come first.