• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Joe, explaining on FB. How he didn't bomb. Performing with Blue Oyster Cult.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
I've been looking for this, for ages.
2k1nxveogug31.jpg

TomFromNawlins

Forum Clout
I've been looking for this, for ages.
View attachment 166365
The guy giving the “cut” gesture had a look on his face like “oh shit, what did I do?” Because I think he knows Joe and was probably the one who allowed him to hobble up on stage, with still-hilariously bad results. It was not a lighthearted moment.

Wasn’t there a longer defense of his performance where he says Bloom isn’t a sound guy, so Joe was essentially calling the lead singer an incompetent.

DrTorqueCarlisi

Go to mass
Forum Clout
There’s a clip where he says a big reason he didn’t get the gig back in the day was because he was so much taller than the other members. I brought it up the other day and someone else pointed out that Ron was in the studio that day.

It's painfully obvious to anyone with any sense that Joe is an egotistical asshole that no one wants to be in a band with. People will tolerate playing for his gigs as long as the pay is right and Joe does all the promo work. But absolutely no one would ever invite him to be in their band. Self-important shit-for-brains.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
It's painfully obvious to anyone with any sense that Joe is an egotistical asshole that no one wants to be in a band with. People will tolerate playing for his gigs as long as the pay is right and Joe does all the promo work. But absolutely no one would ever invite him to be in their band. Self-important shit-for-brains.
Especially now that its been years since that BOC event and we know how his "career" has played out. Its been all down hill since that BOC appearance. Playing on ferries,fruit stands, TGIFridays, and the Moose Lodge.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Not playing any cruises.
That was so lame. He was trying to humble brag on his For Sale page trying to sell his music equipment about playing on cruises and he doesnt need it anymore and he never even played one trip. Then he blames a fire in a Maui for canceling the whole plan. Like there arent other cruise options. He was talking that shit up for like 9 months like he was living the dream getting paid to travel the world and play cover songs.

Jizz

Forum Clout
That was so lame. He was trying to humble brag on his For Sale page trying to sell his music equipment about playing on cruises and he doesnt need it anymore and he never even played one trip. Then he blames a fire in a Maui for canceling the whole plan. Like there arent other cruise options. He was talking that shit up for like 9 months like he was living the dream getting paid to travel the world and play cover songs.

if brother joe would've gone on that cruise then Joe wouldn't have been there to take care of his baby bro after his heart surgerey! Maybe Joe didn't get the cruise gig for a reason.

lowend73

Forum Clout
It would have been the 3 day white trash cruises to Puerto Vallarta or Nassau. That dude was not on the 14 day cruises, especially if it was coming from the east coast. Fuck out of here, too be that age and lying is despicable

Forum Clout
Over forty years playing music in the same place, and not a friend or colleague to be seen. No one wants to play, jam, or even noodle around with Showboat Joe, the big fat glory hog. Everyone saw what happened with BOC. Joe, gifted with an opportunity to jam with a real, actual band, immediately stomped all over the song and waddled around like a retard, and made a complete ass of himself, as usual. Every one of his bands failed and failed quickly, and now he's reduced to playing along with a fucking iPad. He has no local following, not even a regular crew of fellow flunkies.

Forum Clout
Someone else pointed it out on the sub, if it was one of you here I'm stealing your line; but he was completely oblivious to the fact the other guys in the band thought he was making an ass of himself until the sub got a hold of it and broke down every awkward, embarrassing movement and facial expression. One of - if not the - highest points of his life, and Reddit completely ruined it for him.

Wa4892

Forum Clout
I don't know that he 'bombed' as much as - like he always does - turned this into a major life accomplishment that happened because he is a true pro at the guitar. Instead of just saying 'something really cool happened today' he turned it into 'I'm tellin ya! I could been a contender' and driving home believed in his heart of hearts, and maybe even said out loud to Carole in the car that he is just as good as those guys and could be the lead guitarist for a 'real' rock and roll band.

Here's what Joe needs to realize. He's a good guitar player. Maybe even a really good guitar player. But if you visit the Jeresey Shore during the summer you realize there are thousands upon thousands of really, really, REALLY good guitar players in the world and they all play in cover bands and make open mic nights somewhat interesting. Every concert by The Foo Fighters or Green Day, they randomly manage to pluck a really, really good guitar player from the audience to play a song.

However, what Joe does not realize or is willing to admit is, the gulf between really, really, REALLY good and playing guitar in Aerosmith, or even Blue Oyster Cult is ENORMOUS. Yet Joe, after playing one song with people he has known since his teen age years, believes he is on par with these professionals.