• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Joe Cumia's Instagram

G

I know a few other amateur guitar hobbyists, and they vastly overstate their accomplishments just like Joe does. Which leads me to believe that bullshitting is endemic among amateur guitar hobbyists. I figure it's how they wildly overestimate how difficult it is to memorize old Journey songs, among other things.
I’ve always believed that playing instruments isn’t all that impressive unless you’re coming up with your own shit

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
Forum Clout
"She enticed me!"
IMG_5242.jpeg

Forum Clout
I’ve always believed that playing instruments isn’t all that impressive unless you’re coming up with your own shit
When I was a kid, there was a convenience store/deli in my neighborhood, called Joe's. Joe was real into doing somewhat elaborate paint-by-numbers kits featuring old masterpieces, like the Mona Lisa and so forth. And he hung those paintings in the deli, like they were real art. The local rag newspaper even did an article about Joe and his gay paintings, and we used to go in there, compliment his paintings, then go outside and laugh our balls off over how proud he was of putting dabs of paint in the correct boxes.

Just like our Joe. He acts like memorizing a bunch of moldy old classic rock chestnuts was a legitimate "music career", yet after forty years he's standing on a crate in a fruit market, playing along with "Brown Eyed Girl" on an iPad.

Stetten's Long Thumbers

Poot poot poot poot
Forum Clout
I know a few other amateur guitar hobbyists, and they vastly overstate their accomplishments just like Joe does. Which leads me to believe that bullshitting is endemic among amateur guitar hobbyists. I figure it's how they wildly overestimate how difficult it is to memorize old Journey songs, among other things.
You can learn any boomer song in less than 2 hours