• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Is it true they’re rebooting American Psycho and considering an Indian as lead?

Confused White Kid

Influencer
Forum Clout
There's a book called The White Tiger, which Netflix made into a movie in 2021, about a poor kid in India who starts working for a cab company and grows up to murder his boss and steal his wife. I read some reviews that likened it to a contemporary, Indian version of American Psycho, which I kind of agree with. I really liked the book, as the Indian author shows how absurd, deranged, and dangerous young Indian males are. But I didn't hear about another Indian American psycho.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
There's a book called The White Tiger, which Netflix made into a movie in 2021, about a poor kid in India who starts working for a cab company and grows up to murder his boss and steal his wife. I read some reviews that likened it to a contemporary, Indian version of American Psycho, which I kind of agree with. I really liked the book, as the Indian author shows how absurd, deranged, and dangerous young Indian males are. But I didn't hear about another Indian American psycho.
I haven't read the book but the movie watched pretty good.

Forum Clout
Instead of business cards, they'll be comparing Tinder profiles

1729872755774.png

"Do you like Daler Mehndi"

Sue Lightning

IS SHE TALKING ABOUT ME?
Forum Clout
I’ve seen it on Twitter
Then it’s not true.

And it’s also not true.

I’m asking this so serious - Do you have any reading comprehension? I’ve seen the posts that make you think this. No one said Dev Patel was taking this role. Some random person on Twitter said “I think he would make a good Patrick Bateman!”

How did you interpret that as he’s actually playing the character?

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Then it’s not true.

And it’s also not true.

I’m asking this so serious - Do you have any reading comprehension? I’ve seen the posts that make you think this. No one said Dev Patel was taking this role. Some random person on Twitter said “I think he would make a good Patrick Bateman!”

How did you interpret that as he’s actually playing the character?

Shut up, queer.