• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

In The Black was published October 13, 2020

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Pat started writing In the Black back in 2017. Neither his publisher (at the time, since then he's unemployed) or agent wanted anything to do with it. A few years later he owed his publisher one last book after Gate Crashers and Starship Repo failed to sell. In the Black was rewritten to include a covid pandemic subplot because he is a boring hack without an ounce of originality. The publisher made him compare it to Hunt for Red October to try and sell books by riding off of the coattails of Tom Clancy's rotting corpse.

I read most of this shit book to find laughs and its a mess with 4-5 different subplots going on. It's like that game where a group of people write a story one after another. There's no connectivity and the story goes off the rails pretty quickly.

The obsession with word count seems odd. Is there a limit you have to hit for a sci-fi book to be published?

I thought that shit ended after college essays

Mikekeke

Trouble In Tomlinson Town
Forum Clout
I think the word count obsession is a reddit thing, redditors post their word count achievements on the writing subreddit all the time. They never say it was a good 1000 words, either, they just want the pats on the back.

AntsBatteryCharge

&$;;-:
Forum Clout
He had 4 different wip in this time. In the red, here immunity, Christmas taro, and some other gay shit

691-C01-D7-EEE9-4268-9-E96-A159-AD44209-E.jpg

"Coming soonish"

Two years and fifty pounds later...

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Stephen King, pedo creep, has released 2 books in the time since Into The Back came out with a third soon to release. Many smaller authors try to keep a steady and regular pace because competition is fierce and there's always somebody hungrier and cheaper and more original. And the case of Patrick, there's alot of people with less baggage.

Most of Pat's tier, folks writing mass market and trade genre stuff, are trying to crank stuff out in any way they can to get more work since it doesn't pay well. Media Tie in books, short stories, contributions to anthologies. Anything. You can actually see Patrick trying this in his early days. It helps. People see your work and it can lead to opportunities.

Fatty apparently has in his tiny mind that he doesn't need to do any of this because he's such a big star now and is stuck working on full length, original books that the market has already said they don't want.
His writing is embarrassingly bad. I'm still shocked he's actually earned a penny from writing.