If Patrick is indeed being pressured to get a job, what even is he qualified to do?

G

I could see maybe like UPS or some sort of warehouse type job. Mr. 250lb Bench Press should have no trouble moving heavy boxes around.

My best guess would be go back to selling cars. He might actually be good at it if he could trick his autistic brain into making it a fun game.

Any other ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
He’s got very little he can bring to even an entry level position and he’s over 40 and has been laying on a couch for years. Auto sales you gotta work if you want to get paid and that means having to put in long hours. Plus Pat not interacting with adults for close to a decade has ruined his already poor social skills. He can’t relate to other adults in any way so he would just be so awkward he wouldn’t be able to sell shit.

Pretty much all he’s qualified for is retail, restaurant, or entry level customer service positions. Even then his behavior would be awful in any workplace since he would be a lazy snarky mr know it all. He’s fat, old, and lazy so any physical labor is out of the question. He’s fucked.

G

McDonald's. But nowhere near food prep. One of the slow coaches who goes round collecting trays and wiping down tables. Literally imagine him in Micky D's uniform mumbling "are you finished with that? Can I take your tray?" Of course he's too lazy and cumbersome to actually do it but it's the job he was put on this Earth to do.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Also to note - he has next to zero work appropriate clothes. He has one dress shirt and jacket and I’m sure zero slacks / khakis so he would need to beg Niki for money just to have clothes to wear to any office type job. He might have had dress clothes when he was selling insurance but he’s way too fat now. He dresses like a dork teenager so he probably doesn’t even own anything with a collar.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
McDonald's. But nowhere near food prep. One of the slow coaches who goes round collecting trays and wiping down tables. Literally imagine him in Micky D's uniform mumbling "are you finished with that? Can I take your tray?" Of course he's too lazy and cumbersome to actually do it but it's the job he was put on this Earth to do.
Any McD franchise could hire a Down syndrome kid to do what Pat can do, but the Downs kid will have a positive attitude.