• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

If it is one thing the show was consistent on

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
Most of it was fake though. Other than some of the stuff where they get injured doing retarded things like having a bull charge them or trying to ride a high pressure hose. Most of the stuff was rehearsed. And the people reacting to them doing "wacky" stuff in public are just MTV staff or their friends. The furniture store prank was done with them opening up a new store and hiring people for one day of work.....aka hiring actors for one day of work. When they edit the movies or show they add in sound effects as well to pump everything up. Like all the guys have to come back and record their lines and record themselves screaming again and they re-dub everything.

It's like what O&A talked about with all prank calls required to be fake because cold calling people and recording them was not allowed. So the Jackass guys doing stuff like running naked through the streets or pretending to be escaped mental patients or whatever were always done on closed streets with actors. Once you know how scripted Jackass is it becomes as lame as Scott and Todd "phone scams".
I loved when they were blowing air horns at the golf course from the woods and someone started hitting balls at them. In hindsight maybe that was staged.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I loved when they were blowing air horns at the golf course from the woods and someone started hitting balls at them. In hindsight maybe that was staged.
You think they didn't get permission to film on the course? And make sure the course was closed so that they could film all day until they got the right takes? You think when they start saying "dude he's hitting the ball at us" isn't the fakest and gayest line delivery of all time? Did you think Phone Scams were funny??? Or real???

Florentine's Meet the Creeps did this for real. They went to a public tennis court and would grunt "AAAAAGH!!" and "UUUGH!" like women tennis players did when someone would hit the ball. They had to stop doing all of their bits because it became illegal to film like that. Yet Jackass kept going.

G

Most of it was fake though. Other than some of the stuff where they get injured doing retarded things like having a bull charge them or trying to ride a high pressure hose. Most of the stuff was rehearsed.
Nana's probably rehearsed her eventual suicide numerous times but when she finally gets up the courage to stumble into her tastefully appointed armory with ol Ro's go-go boots on, tearfully deep-throat her pistol while moaning "Richaaaarrrrddd!" and finally blow her brain-stem all over the place she will be truly dead.

[MEDIA=youtube]Yvd3aEsThbc[/MEDIA]

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
You think they didn't get permission to film on the course? And make sure the course was closed so that they could film all day until they got the right takes? You think when they start saying "dude he's hitting the ball at us" isn't the fakest and gayest line delivery of all time? Did you think Phone Scams were funny??? Or real???

Florentine's Meet the Creeps did this for real. They went to a public tennis court and would grunt "AAAAAGH!!" and "UUUGH!" like women tennis players did when someone would hit the ball. They had to stop doing all of their bits because it became illegal to film like that. Yet Jackass kept going.
Meet the Creeps was awesome. They went fishing in a Chinese supermarket with kid’s fishing poles. Eating at a buffet with sand buckets and rakes was hilarious too. I was also quite young when I saw Jackass. Edit: wait a second are you saying that war of the roses phone scams aren’t real?

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
I will be on the Anti Jackass bandwagon even though I grew up loving those movies. I had faint memories of watching Tom Green years before and rediscovered him online to find he came up with most of the Jackass style bits and did them better/funnier. And the MTV show was probably his weak point. Almost all his early Canadian show was fucking hilarious.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
Most of it was fake though. Other than some of the stuff where they get injured doing retarded things like having a bull charge them or trying to ride a high pressure hose. Most of the stuff was rehearsed. And the people reacting to them doing "wacky" stuff in public are just MTV staff or their friends. The furniture store prank was done with them opening up a new store and hiring people for one day of work.....aka hiring actors for one day of work. When they edit the movies or show they add in sound effects as well to pump everything up. Like all the guys have to come back and record their lines and record themselves screaming again and they re-dub everything.

It's like what O&A talked about with all prank calls required to be fake because cold calling people and recording them was not allowed. So the Jackass guys doing stuff like running naked through the streets or pretending to be escaped mental patients or whatever were always done on closed streets with actors. Once you know how scripted Jackass is it becomes as lame as Scott and Todd "phone scams".
magician_400x400.png

LiberalPussy

Forum Clout
I will be on the Anti Jackass bandwagon even though I grew up loving those movies. I had faint memories of watching Tom Green years before and rediscovered him online to find he came up with most of the Jackass style bits and did them better/funnier. And the MTV show was probably his weak point. Almost all his early Canadian show was fucking hilarious.

Phish

I told them to back off bcuz it wasnt their show
Forum Clout

I havent even clicked on it and im having flashbacks of “are you going to the parliament building? ITS NONE OF YURR GODDAMN BUSINESS WHERE IM GOIN”

Also remember Tom walking around eating “NoxZima” out of the jar (maybe yogurt.idk) and dragging goats heads on a string while cross dressing and chasing people down the sidewalk? Haha. Fucking lunatic was hilarious. Even his Japan special was funny years before Jackass copied him.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
CKY - despite the fake parts - was great because it captured a genuine moment.

In the mid-90s we all had our parents shitty old VHS recorders and filmed all kinds of dumb shit.

No high school circa 95-2000 was without some group of friends filming retarded stunts and shit, ESPECIALLY if you were into skateboarding culture.

Phish

I told them to back off bcuz it wasnt their show
Forum Clout
CKY - despite the fake parts - was great because it captured a genuine moment.

In the mid-90s we all had our parents shitty old VHS recorders and filmed all kinds of dumb shit.

No high school circa 95-2000 was without some group of friends filming retarded stunts and shit, ESPECIALLY if you were into skateboarding culture.
My parents were baffled when little punk ass 11 yr old me asked for a camcorder for Christmas. I still have all the little tapes of our homemade CKY tapes. Some of it was genuinely funny most of it was cringy and wannabe as fuck. Still some of the best memories of my life were filming CKY stunts by the skatepark w my brother and friends. Wed film everything we did like throwing literal shit at cars, doing the “shit dollar”, ding dong ditching the same guy like 3 weeks ina row every night. Hed come out screaming and hollering so of course wed be back the next night banging on a different door/window/garage door and filming from the bushes across the street. Wed steal the neighbors lawn furniture and put it in a different neighbors yard hoping to cause trouble but they probably knew it was the little shits up the road and we never got to see the payoff but it was still hilarious to do. Another classic was to get a 30 pack of beer and a roll of fishing line. Everytime youd kill a beer youd tie it on the end of the string. After about a 6 pack on each end of the string wed hold one on each side of the road and wait for someone to drive by and catch the string and the empties would slam the side of their car and then drag on the ground, making a shit ton of noise. Im glad we didnt hurt anyone honestly. I got us on film throwing snowballs at cars and smashing someones windshield and them swerving and crashing into a snowbank. (Statue of limitations, feds! This was like 1997.) I rewatched it probably 7-10 years ago and was like “holy shit! That was fucked!”

Last edited:

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Forum Clout
Oh look another I'm too cool for OnA thread. 🥱
OnA bits were fucking hysterical. Some didn't work sure, but the one mentioned previously were all bangers. Intern di, what's Anthony watching, shitting on lame interviews
All that stuff is gold, from 3 people who are varying degrees of shitty people currently. All 3 suck separately right now, but to say they were never good is a really gay take.
Stern in the 90s was absolutely amazing and deserving of all the praise. That still doesn't mean OnA sucked.
Jack Ass may be staged but it's entertaining. Midgets and fat men running around in diapers in Japan is good stuff, Knoxville as the old guy is great too. I'm sorry you're too bitter to enjoy things

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
My parents were baffled when little punk ass 11 yr old me asked for a camcorder for Christmas. I still have all the little tapes of our homemade CKY tapes. Some of it was genuinely funny most of it was cringy and wannabe as fuck. Still some of the best memories of my life were filming CKY stunts by the skatepark w my brother and friends. Wed film everything we did like throwing literal shit at cars, doing the “shit dollar”, ding dong ditching the same guy like 3 weeks ina row every night. Hed come out screaming and hollering so of course wed be back the next night banging on a different door/window/garage door and filming from the bushes across the street. Wed steal the neighbors lawn furniture and put it in a different neighbors yard hoping to cause trouble but they probably knew it was the little shits up the road and we never got to see the payoff but it was still hilarious to do. Another classic was to get a 30 pack of beer and a roll of fishing line. Everytime youd kill a beer youd tie it on the end of the string. After about a 6 pack on each end of the string wed hold one on each side of the road and wait for someone to drive by and catch the string and the empties would slam the side of their car and then drag on the ground, making a shit ton of noise. Im glad we didnt hurt anyone honestly. I got us on film throwing snowballs at cars and smashing someones windshield and them swerving and crashing into a snowbank. (Statue of limitations, feds! This was like 1997.) I rewatched it probably 7-10 years ago and was like “holy shit! That was fucked!”
Exactly.

It was the first time battery powered CHEAP filming was available to kids. Fast forward 6 or 7 years and no one cares anymore.

There was that little golden era for this type of thing where punk kids could be on the vanguard of something interesting.

the street skateboarding videos of the early 90s were the genesis of it all in that they showed the barrier of entry to potentially make something genuinely cool was low.

The big expense was the camera and the tapes, take your $40 skateboard and go do something interesting.

25 years later and the equivalent is… YouTube and tik tok pranks? Faggots.

LiberalPussy

Forum Clout
I havent even clicked on it and im having flashbacks of “are you going to the parliament building? ITS NONE OF YURR GODDAMN BUSINESS WHERE IM GOIN”

Also remember Tom walking around eating “NoxZima” out of the jar (maybe yogurt.idk) and dragging goats heads on a string while cross dressing and chasing people down the sidewalk? Haha. Fucking lunatic was hilarious. Even his Japan special was funny years before Jackass copied him.
I still love this bit.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
Was just thinking of a bit from Tom Green’s Canadian show where he fishes a turd out of a public toilet, puts it on the end of a mic, and starts interviewing random people in the audience. He did the same bit on MTV a years later but with dog shit, i think. Funny stuff.
I haven’t watched “Freddy Got Fingered” in forever but I’m sure it still holds up. “I’m sorry! Do you want some more cheese on your CHEESE SANDWICH?”

G

The shock jock bits of O&A were usually pretty good. Things like eggnog drinking were hilarious if you have seen the videos. Homeless shopping spree was so out of control it was only done twice on XM. The Gay Off. Fatty Pig Fatty. Assault on the Media (which XM's lawyers also killed). The Superball ended with the dude dropping the jar of wasps and everyone having the leave the studio.

The difference between Jackass and O&A was that Jackass was all staged faggotry. The people that are reacting to them doing stuff are all actors. The old CKY stuff especially is very obviously fake (like Phil taking the blade off his lawnmower when he drives it into the sinkhole). O&A went on air and said the mayor was dead and had the FBI get involved. They went into Kathleen Turner's Broadway play and recorded her and yelled at her which was not staged. They got arrested for the Voyeur Bus incident. Fired for Sex for Sam.

Does anyone here actually think Jackass was ever good? It was all fake and gay. Staged stunts and fake bits. At least O&A did things that were way out of control like hoaxing that a politician was dead. O&A invited random people to get cancer screened on the show leading to doctors to want the bit stopped because they thought that one of the guys who came in had cancer.

The only stuff that is pathetic as far as O&A goes are things like the Lesbian Couch or Wifflebat Challenge, or anything with women, because Anthony and Norton are going hardcore trying to act straight which in hindsight is just creepy.
I've relistened to those bits and seriously they are boring as fuck. Just a lot of waiting around. You could have pretended all of it like Ron & Fez for more of a payoff. Gonzo radio shit is gay as anal eggs.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
I've relistened to those bits and seriously they are boring as fuck. Just a lot of waiting around. You could have pretended all of it like Ron & Fez for more of a payoff. Gonzo radio shit is gay as anal eggs.
What does “gonzo” even mean? I’ve only ever heard it in relation to Hunter S. Thompson’s journalism.