• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I was just looking up Lars Ulrich's Wikipedia

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Hangar 18? Why not Hangar 17, maybe 16?
I don't get it.

UNCLE FUCKEN JEWY

1 mwFzkwtO40y8p3OUHWu42A.png

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Megadeth was the only one of those bands that was always basically a one-man show. And that in and of itself is an impressive feat. Even more so when the one guy is quite an asshole.
I kinda prefer the KIMB/Peace Sells lineup to the longest one with Friedman and Menza, but I wish early 90s Megadeth never tried to sell out and always continued making traditional metal. Mustaine's ear for melody is beyond anybody from the Big Four. If he had been a great singer early on he'd be the GOAT from that period.

Forum Clout
He's definitely good on the first five albums; not amazing, like you say. It's worth pointing out though that he totally shit the bed on their best recorded concert while they were in their prime:

8:08 for mobilefags

He never really played through the songs on those albums. Famously he would play a bar at a time, and everything would be spliced together in editing. If you listen live, he's never been able to play any of the songs properly. Say play again stupid.

G

Lars was the least talented musician in the band, thus he was always being challenged and pushed by his other, more talented band mates. But once Metallica became the Lars and James show, Lars became complacent, the music itself became less demanding, and Lars stagnated. His contemporaries, like Lombardo and Charlie Benante, are still in demand, and playing with all kinds of different bands, but no one is asking for Lars. He doesn't even really have an identifiable style, where you're instantly like "Oh, that's a Lombardo fill" or "that's pure Vinnie Paul". Even Peter Criss had an identifiable style.

And no one would even care or bother to point it out if only he wasn't such a weaselly little faggot. That stupid affectation when he speaks, that whole obnoxious Lars attitude, he's just an annoying, easy-to-dislike guy.

Jason always seemed like a good egg who found himself in an impossible situation, and handled it about as well as anyone could expect. Burton was more or less the leader of the band. He was the oldest, the smartest, the best musician, the most respected, the most feared. He was an often serious guy, in a way that the rest of them weren't. So he died, and they immediately hired a new bass player, but internally the band was now rudderless, and the two most dominant remaining personalities were an angry depressed alcoholic and a hyper Danish fancy lad. And we all know how that eventually unfolded. They shit all over Jason and he merited none of it.
This is getting into some niche humor, but modern Lars has an imitable style. It's just not flattering. There's another guy who does the same bit, but he sucks. This creep makes me loff though.

[MEDIA=youtube]eGEQ6ubNCxg[/MEDIA]

Forum Clout
The rest of the band consisted of genuine, lower-middle class California dirtbags, but Lars was a pampered, well-to-do fancy boy, going to tennis school like a character in "Infinite Jest" or something. The fascinating thing about Ulrich is how he actually became a worse drummer over time. He was never great, like a Dave Lombardo, but he was at least passable, but as time went on he just grew worse and worse. There's a video where Lombardo sat in with Metallica and the band is stunned by how Lombardo actually stays in time throughout the song, unlike Lars' sloppy horseshit.
Was that the concert were Lars didn't show up and a bunch of actually good drummers played with them. It's on YouTube and it really shows how below average Lars is as a drummer. Plus Lars is the only person in music who is actually friends with Axl Rose. I went down a Axl Rose rabbit hole at work one night and I learned that no one likes Axl or Lars especially their bandmates