• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I Have Scalzi's Sales Numbers

captain_kamala

Calling all simps
Forum Clout
The fact you're this confident posting anything about your wife here - and declaring her "hot" - demonstrates that you really don't understand what it is we do here. I feel compelled to say some very hurtful (and true) things just to teach you a lesson in Brotherman humility, but some of the other fellas seem to have taken a shine to you so I'm going to let this one slide. You've been warned.

View attachment 20256
thanks for saying what we're all thinking. you let him off easier than i would have

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Who is making money here?
Why are these publishers like Tor subsidizing so many shitty authors and allowing them to live in this insulated fantasy world?

Like, the NBA pays to keep the WNBA afloat, figuring that while it is a sunk cost, it'll hopefully at least bring more female viewers to the sport overall, it's good for PR, and there's probably some tax incentive there as they're subsidizing an underrepresented group or... something. It's probably still losing money but at least you can trace some logical path there.

I'm curious who benefits from paying for tens of thousands of mentally ill manchildren, transexuals, and pedophiles to operate what equates to a mail-in publishing pyramid scheme. Who's at the top?

they hand out worthless deals (few thousand bucks) to anyone who wants one like Pat, hoping they get lucky and someone makes it big. when they fail like Pat they just cut them loose and try someone else. This scalzi guy seems to be a one off case of incompetence where they panicked and gave him a ridiculously inflated fee they should have known would never return anything.