I can't stand the sound of human laughter??

Tbh, I tried listening to the Opiate Anthony show, and I eventually had to give up because of Anthony's horrendous performative over-laughing. It started to get worse around 2007, although they always did it from the outset of the show. It's part of having a radio show. The worst is when the idiotic interns, WHO NO ONE KNOWS OR CARES ABOUT, are laughing even louder than the talent (eg Joe Derosa, Bobby Kelly). It's like they're millennials who transparently want to go their friends after and say, "That guy laughing really loud on that podcast? That was ME! And boy do I know funny!!"

"During spontaneous laughter, the emotional vocal system produces qualities that signal “arousal” — higher pitch and volume, as well as faster bursts of non-articulate sounds and more non-tonal noise. These sounds carry subtle clues that a laugh is authentic.

On the other hand, volitional laughter is produced by a system in the brain that controls the tongue and lips, our instruments of speech."

It's like they all think think we're IDIOTS, sitting there without a piece of cake, and being fooled by this Goombah Long Island nonsense that is clearly playing to the cheap seats.

HOOOLEEE SHIHIHIHIHIT!

U_7flU.gif

I hate fake laughter more than real, I've seen some comedians who do a fake laugh at their own jokes / crowd work... on the other hand I do like real laughter.
You'd hate to be around me; even if I'm just making myself & someone else loff I'll carry-on, I'm a giggling loffing fruit & it even gets annoying to people who like it.