• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I cannot believe this is a 42 year old man deconstructing Star Wars

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
77182F55-C31B-412D-9A12-75F5756350E8.jpeg

Forum Clout

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
He's making up his own criticisms, as none of that was what the fanbase was calling out against the show. Practically nobody had a problem with Fett being portrayed in a different light.

But consumer Pat's gotta consooom and he won't stand for ANY criticism against Disney, be it real or imagined.

It's disconcerting how many childless adults are cultish about Disney.

Guinness525

Whispers of Greatness
Forum Clout
“Boba hits the sands of Tatooine and starts on his own hero’s journey.”

Does he?

Every time I see trailers like this, I think of you, Patrick.

You corny, pretentious consumer of all things corporate and mainstream. You’re so easily entertained by the pretty colors, pop culture references, cheap politics and nostalgia baiting. Marks like you are the reason we don’t get real movies anymore. Fuck…..you.

Guinness525

Whispers of Greatness
Forum Clout
big shock. no one is really interested in a minor character who got retconned back to life because everyone liked his costume design. there I solved it. no barely decipherable cliche word salad needed. all pointless and very fat.

57d.gif
The fact that he survives the sarlacc pit is so fucking desperate and laughable, but of course they did it. These creatively bankrupt hacks.

Sure, he died like a clown, but people only care because he became popular after the fact. Fan service is for 12 year olds.

Last edited:

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Grow up and watch the show made to market toys to children. Fuckin buffoon.
I have a better idea, Pat, how about you grow up and be involved with your damned daughter?
And initially they were marketed poorly as I believe Hasbro passed on Star Wars merchandising, leaving the door open for Kenner.

Edit: I didn't realize that although Hasbro initially fucked up, they were able to buy Kenner in 1991. And since, they have made a shit ton of money off of fucking rubes like Patrick.

Spoiler alert for Patrick: When you die, all your toys are going to wind up on EBAY, Craigslist ir Offerup-- and whatever can't be pawned off on another loser rube, will be donated to The Salvation Army or Goodwill. Because the people you will leave behind won't give a shit about your faggy toys and models.

Last edited:

Will Tate

Oven March
Forum Clout
And initially they were marketed poorly as I believe Hasbro passed on Star Wars merchandising, leaving the door open for Kenner.
A bunch of the big toy companies at the time passed on it before it landed at Kenner--Mattell, Hasbro, Parker Brothers, Mego. Poor marketing wasn't the problem, it was Kenner not being able to get any of the action figures on the market until months after the movie came out, so they sold cardboard certificates instead that you could use to mail away and get four figures when they came out the following Christmas. I am not proud that I know this.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
Fatso thinks these Mattel and Mars Bar Quick Energy Chocobot Hour level toy commercials are as worthy of serious analysis as Persona or Vertigo.

Let me help you out, Tubs. People didn’t dislike it because it didn’t make sense but because it wasn’t what they’d always wanted Boba Fett to be. They didn’t want him to be the nicest grandpa in the galaxy because they wouldn’t have given a shit about him if that’s who they’d imagined he was in the first place. The fact he’s just some 70 year old looking bald dude with giant fake teeth walking around holding the fucking helmet in his hands instead of wearing it 95% of the time apparently didn’t help either because, again, that’s not what the fanbase wanted.

And yes, the SW fanbase can be unbearable but that’s the answer to your bewilderment, dum-dum. It’s really not difficult to understand unless you’re a fat mongoloid who prides himself on being a contrarian faggot.

CarolMaxheinie

Runner, Unlike Fatrick
Forum Clout
“Boba hits the sands of Tatooine and starts on his own hero’s journey.”

Does he?

Every time I see trailers like this, I think of you, Patrick.

You corny, pretentious consumer of all things corporate and mainstream. You’re so easily entertained by the pretty colors, pop culture references, cheap politics and nostalgia baiting. Marks like you are the reason we don’t get real movies anymore. Fuck…..you.

I
saw that trailer (Moonfall) at a preview last month and it made me viscerally angry. I just BROODED, man.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I am so disinterested in sci-fi stuff that trying to read those four tweets that he made bored me.

And I actually had to Google who Boba Fett was. At least his suit looks cool.

Sci Fi died after the fifties, I believe that.

I can watch Forbidden Planet and the original Day The Earth Stood Still, Thing From Another World, and even 60's Star Trek, but Star Wars was the death blow to all of it. ALL OF IT. Any brain and heart that original science fiction had, whether cheesy schlock that amused or deep allegory that challenged your thoughts, left the building and was replaced by bright colors and explosions, with quippy one liners added later.

If Isaac Asimov was still alive, he would kick Pat right in his little dick.