• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

How careful are you with money?

G

My muddah was always really neurotic with her spending, to the point where I questioned if I had any semitic lineage on her side (was all clear). She would yell at me for wasting a penny. I think that's why these days I throw around cash like anthony cumia. Ingrained rebellion.

I always see people freaking out about money and I don't want that drama. But on the other hand it feels kind of wrong to not care about the value of a dollar.

Dog Eater

Paint Tin ASMR Enjoyer
Forum Clout
I won’t pick up a dime but I’ll pick up a dollar. I won’t buy clothes for multiple years in a row but I’ll spend $250 on good work boots. I refuse to pay for Netflix or Spotify but I’ll save up and blow $3000 on a nice gun. My most wasteful spending is on food but I don’t really drink or smoke. Gotta find a balance between savings and living a good life.

Dog Eater

Paint Tin ASMR Enjoyer
Forum Clout
I can't stand frivolous spending and I deliberate over whether I can justify buying new shit when I can easily afford it. I think it's a cultural thing because you'll often see low IQ dummies splurging most of their money away right after payday on stuff they don't need.
Huge portions of the population live paycheck to paycheck. See: “Who has $17,000 just lying around?”

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
I can go weeks without buying anything other than food and bills and living like a monk. I then can go and spend a few grand on a few days away. I am going to Italy to avoid the coronation crap on a whim for example. I'm probably spending more than I have since February on it.

I try and spend half of what comes in over a year ( including bills etc) so I guess that's kinda tight I dunno what's the normal amount people spend really.

Wa4892

Forum Clout
I have spent my career in financial services so I - quite literary - know the value of a dollar. I'm always looking for a deal, sale, clearance, etc. I made a car salesman cry because I thought they are trying to fuck me out of an extra $100 dollars. I generally don't buy the "latest and greatest" and will wait for, say Gen 3 of something, then go buy Gen 2 once its on clearance.

The Arm

Fire stalk with me.
Forum Clout
I download pirated stuff instead of paying, whenever I can. My wardrobe is almost exclusively old clothes family and friends give me. I ask for new socks and underwear for my birthday.

I try to eat healthy food and that's expensive.

Brenton Torrent

Forum Clout
I expect the entire world economic/financial system to completely collapse within the next five to ten years, so I don’t see the point in saving much cash. That said, I put my money into stuff that would at least retain its value long term if not gain, especially in an apocalyptic scenario.
What kind of stuff would you suggest buying that retains its value long term?

Brenton Torrent

Forum Clout
Most people agree that guns and ammo will always hold their value, and would only go up in the event of weapons bans and/or apocalypse.
Gold is 50/50. It's a good hedge against economic collapse but if it's a true end of the world scenario, who knows if it would be worth anything? If you're expecting the end of the world, guns, ammo, and more ammo.

If you're not preparing for the end of the world and just want somewhere to keep your money that isn't cash, then:
Land
Gold
Watches (Rolex, Patek, Omega, etc.)
Bonds
Collectible cars
Expensive faggot wine
Expensive faggot art

I personally collect expensive watches, own a few pieces of unimproved land in upstate NY and have a shit ton of ammo stocked up in my basement. I own a 2016 Corvette that's actually gained 20% since I bought it in 2019 but I wouldn't consider it an investment because I do drive it a lot. People buy bonds but my view is that if the US goes bye bye, then good luck trying to collect.
Thanks