• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Hooligan's Comeuppance

G

A bar gave a receipt to a private investigator a company I worked for had hired to catch a guy I represented as shop steward and at the arbitration, which is not bound by jurisprudence, the arbitrator said that receipt was not considered by him in his finding. The member won the case, the arbitrator gave more weight to the member asking to be taken for a test, which the company refused on that day when they caught the guy in the bar. Not a matter of law, but arbiters of fact tend to dislike privacy being mishandled by independent 3rd parties for no reason and without judicial oversight. They were asked by Patrick for that info, they should have asked him to have his attorney ask for it in writing at a minimum, let alone have it subpoenaed. It echoes paparazzi being informed of a person being in a place, and that place confirming it with private data.
It is kind of a moot point because of the DL thing but imagine if a business did this to you without your knowledge or consent? I would be furious.
Yes I get that they shouldn’t have done it and I get being mad about it but I just don’t see the benefit to Andrew in pursuing it, other than filing complaints with CC and bank. There’s no info on a bar receipt that anyone can do real damage with. He could go after them just out of principle or spite but he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who has thousands laying around for something like that, which has little chance of paying off for him.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
I think BDA has done enough for us. Let him rest.

I also think the case against Hooli’s is flimsy at best and we are just engaging in Patrickesque fantastical thinking.