Have you ever had a job where you basically do nothing all day?

I just got a job as a 'checker' at a distribution warehouse and It's gotta be the easiest Job I've ever had in my entire life. Literally all I do is wait for trucks to get back from their route, log any items they returned with (damaged, returns, etc) and that's it. Each truck takes about 2-3 minutes and I do about 30-40 per day.

I regularly have 30 minute periods where no trucks arrive at all and this is the part that makes me feel odd... During these times I usually find myself just sitting on a pallet in the middle of the warehouse, dicking around on the internet and playing games on my phone. Is this bad? I feel like a lazy shithead because everyone else is busting their ass, but I have nothing else to do during the downtime.

TL;DR

My job is easy and I feel like shithead when I'm doing nothing during the downtime. Should I?

chocolatehellhole

I am a genius btw...was on the Dean List
I just got a job as a 'checker' at a distribution warehouse and It's gotta be the easiest Job I've ever had in my entire life. Literally all I do is wait for trucks to get back from their route, log any items they returned with (damaged, returns, etc) and that's it. Each truck takes about 2-3 minutes and I do about 30-40 per day.

I regularly have 30 minute periods where no trucks arrive at all and this is the part that makes me feel odd... During these times I usually find myself just sitting on a pallet in the middle of the warehouse, dicking around on the internet and playing games on my phone. Is this bad? I feel like a lazy shithead because everyone else is busting their ass, but I have nothing else to do during the downtime.

TL;DR

My job is easy and I feel like shithead when I'm doing nothing during the downtime. Should I?
How much does it pay?

Yeah. It was to do with online video and social media. It's good at first, because you can spend your time teaching yourself about anything related to the job. One day the boss wasn't in so I spent the whole day on a personal writing project - it was great! Also, you don't tire yourself out during the day so you can do some extra work in the evenings.

However, it gets depressing after a while and does your self esteem no good.

Dog Eater

Apartheid is cool.
Yeah I got a job working for an online camera retailer when I was 18. I did nothing all day but pretend to work and chat up girls online. I can honestly say that for a year straight I did absolutely nothing of value for the company. I don’t think I could have if I wanted to. Funny thing is pretending to work is harder and more boring than actually working.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
I have that job right now. Government job, transitioned from being a waiter. Refuse to go back to that because I have small kids I would barely ever see. Pay is about the same but I “work” more hours. What that translates to is about 1.5 hours of work per day, five days per week. COLAs, government pension, takes 12 years to top out in pay. Almost impossible to get fired.

The lack of real work and the idea of working here for thirty more years makes me want to leave everyday. I’ve been attempting to come up with something to do during the day besides listening to YouTube but I’m out of ideas.

Uncle Ruckus

Daniel Mullen from insightsoftware is a pedophile
I have that job right now. Government job, transitioned from being a waiter. Refuse to go back to that because I have small kids I would barely ever see. Pay is about the same but I “work” more hours. What that translates to is about 1.5 hours of work per day, five days per week. COLAs, government pension, takes 12 years to top out in pay. Almost impossible to get fired.

The lack of real work and the idea of working here for thirty more years makes me want to leave everyday. I’ve been attempting to come up with something to do during the day besides listening to YouTube but I’m out of ideas.
Doesn't the gov randomly drug test you? That's l that's stopped me, sounds like a good gig otherwise.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
I just sit in my fart chair, trading stocks and selling software to multi million dollar companies as I get my pudd sucked by my beautiful wife, funster.
07D0E00E-76A2-41BC-BE66-8911EA9C357C.jpeg