• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Have either Opie or Anthony ever been to Europe?

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Jim was upset people weren't fans of the Iraq/Afghanistan wars. Turned out they were right. Plently of US comics worked in the UK/Europe a few moved here full time and made good money from it.

Opie mentioned in the 9/11 shows how he had just been to Europe and saw armed police in airports ( which seems pretty much token anyway) compared to more lax US rules.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Opie mentioned in the 9/11 shows how he had just been to Europe and saw armed police in airports ( which seems pretty much token anyway) compared to more lax US rules.
Those guys were very likely gendarmerie. Old World concept of dudes who are halfway between the police and military personnel who typically do shit like counterterrorism.

It's an interesting point because I visited New York a couple of years ago and I was kinda surprised to see a bunch of soldiers at the major subway stations. Like, actual soldiers in full gear guarding entries in pairs. I supposed it's not that common outside of Manhattan.

Forum Clout
ezgif-4-5ecc50845f.gif

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Forum Clout
It's an interesting point because I visited New York a couple of years ago and I was kinda surprised to see a bunch of soldiers at the major subway stations. Like, actual soldiers in full gear guarding entries in pairs. I supposed it's not that common outside of Manhattan.
No, just the larger stations like Grand Central and Penn Station. I lived in the Bronx for a time and there were no camo dudes hanging around Bruckner Ave ever. You would see a NYPD or two here and there, but not up to "oh shit" levels.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
No, just the larger stations like Grand Central and Penn Station. I lived in the Bronx for a time and there were no camo dudes hanging around Bruckner Ave ever. You would see a NYPD or two here and there, but not up to "oh shit" levels.
Right after 9/11 you had camo dudes everywhere. Within a decade it was so lax that they no longer had marked NYPD officers and had done away with stop and frisk in basically all of NYC. So you would get homeless smoking crack or shooting up like right in front of Grand Central Station and police were never there. Bums and degenerates would block the doors into Grand Central all of the time and hold a beggar's cup and loudly yell at people for money.

Now pretty much ever major US city has a drug zone like Hamsterdam from the Wire. Or in cases like San Francisco or LA there are a hundred homeless encampments filled with drugs, disease, and death.