• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Hard hitting interview with Anthony Cumia

lowend73

Forum Clout

"Yeah. And especially when your dream is a career in some kind of entertainment or comedy. In order to hone that, especially in comedy if you’re a stand-up, you have to work through material that doesn’t work, that might not work, that when you say it is offensive and you realize “Oh, maybe I’ve got to change that. Maybe I’ve got to throw that away.” But you always have the ability to experiment on stage because you aren’t being peered at through all these camera lenses and then putting it out there out of context to destroy your life. Comics back in the time when I was growing up could do that, because the only people that would hear that were in that club at that time. And the comic could gauge how it was going based on the crowd. Now it is being judged by people who were never in the club, never wanted to be in the club, never wanted to hear you, don’t get that kind of humor, don’t understand sarcasm or parody. And you could be destroyed just for experimenting with your own comedy. It’s insane. And it’s definitely put a damper on how far comics are willing to go."

gassers

CakeHorn/Say "Cookie"/BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 Alt
Forum Clout
1683244825130.png

Nana couldn't help throwing a passive agressive womanly jibe.

Forum Clout
Now it is being judged by people who were never in the club, never wanted to be in the club, never wanted to hear you, don’t get that kind of humor, don’t understand sarcasm or parody. And you could be destroyed just for experimenting with your own comedy. It’s insane. And it’s definitely put a damper on how far comics are willing to go."
5F024D88-1A0C-4774-AEAC-794253AC7BE5.jpeg

gassers

CakeHorn/Say "Cookie"/BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 Alt
Forum Clout
Anthony can't help but poke Opie. It makes Opie respond and then Nana can do an hour on him. The Anthony Cumia show has devolved into picking something to cry about everyday, and not in the O&A mildly entertaining way.
He says Open Honesty in the book that everyone will appreciate? Was there a chapter on Sue Lightning and self cutting girl?

Forum Clout

"Yeah. And especially when your dream is a career in some kind of entertainment or comedy. In order to hone that, especially in comedy if you’re a stand-up, you have to work through material that doesn’t work, that might not work, that when you say it is offensive and you realize “Oh, maybe I’ve got to change that. Maybe I’ve got to throw that away.” But you always have the ability to experiment on stage because you aren’t being peered at through all these camera lenses and then putting it out there out of context to destroy your life. Comics back in the time when I was growing up could do that, because the only people that would hear that were in that club at that time. And the comic could gauge how it was going based on the crowd. Now it is being judged by people who were never in the club, never wanted to be in the club, never wanted to hear you, don’t get that kind of humor, don’t understand sarcasm or parody. And you could be destroyed just for experimenting with your own comedy. It’s insane. And it’s definitely put a damper on how far comics are willing to go."
I love how he talks like he's a "comic". He isn't. He WAS a shock radio second banana, a living laugh track who hooted, giggled and made funny noises in the background. Now he hosts a failed, little-seen podcast, and tweets a lot. But he's not a comedian, and never was one.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
But he's not a comedian, and never was one.
Anthony loves larping as a comedian because all his old radio pals told him he was “the funniest out of everybody” and thinks this translates to stand up.

I was listening to an old O&A bit and Ant starts talking about hecklers and stand up comedy. He says you just want to fucking destroy the people while you’re on stage and it fits perfectly with his career. If you watch him do stand up 50% of it is unfunny crowd work where he’s just going “HAHAHAH LOOK AT THE BIG NOSE ON THIS HAIRY KIKE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!! DIDN’T GET TO DODGE THE OVEN DIDJA???” to someone who didn’t even insult him. He has a bizarre outlook on the world.

Forum Clout
Anthony loves larping as a comedian because all his old radio pals told him he was “the funniest out of everybody” and thinks this translates to stand up.

I was listening to an old O&A bit and Ant starts talking about hecklers and stand up comedy. He says you just want to fucking destroy the people while you’re on stage and it fits perfectly with his career. If you watch him do stand up 50% of it is unfunny crowd work where he’s just going “HAHAHAH LOOK AT THE BIG NOSE ON THIS HAIRY KIKE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!! DIDN’T GET TO DODGE THE OVEN DIDJA???” to someone who didn’t even insult him. He has a bizarre outlook on the world.
He has no material, no act, no persona, no presence, nothing. He thinks he can just meander around the stage being "Anthony from O&A", but he was a second banana there, not front and center. He was riffing and reacting to other funny people back then, with no pressure. But on stage, all alone, Nana is lost. After his does his "no niggers at NASA" bit, he's tapped.

Forum Clout
He has no material, no act, no persona, no presence, nothing. He thinks he can just meander around the stage being "Anthony from O&A", but he was a second banana there, not front and center. He was riffing and reacting to other funny people back then, with no pressure. But on stage, all alone, Nana is lost. After his does his "no niggers at NASA" bit, he's tapped.
Wait wait hold on, you don't think "Relationships are like bubblegum" is the kind of bit than can carry a routine for four years?!

:image_4848_lg: