GUITARIST PRODUCER Joe Cumia donates money to billionaires instead of getting his daughter to school on time.

IanHalperin

Hosting Brunch at a Night Club.
Imagepipe_3.jpg
Imagepipe_1.jpg
Imagepipe_0.jpg
Imagepipe_2.jpg

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Im baffled by the concept of political donations. What did that 50 dollars go towards? Why do they constantly ask for money, shouldnt they be funding their own shit
You’re not seeing the big picture brothaman. There’s millions of dumb boomers like Joseph willing to give their social security to dumb fuck politicians. Million x 50$…+Corporate speaking fees and interest money.

Its almost insane how big of a grift politics is. It used to be you’d have to jew your way into making millions by selling your soul to oil companies. Now politicians regularly run off a majority of small, independent donations because of rubes like this.

Edit: It’s also even more depressing when you realize ANY elected officials term, 2/3 of it is spent campaigning to get reelected. I mean think about it. Campaigning is fucking expensive (even more so if you’re in a swing state and depending on what you’re running for) and the average salary of a Congressperson is around like $70,000. So you’re basically in a non stop loop of lying to get money to get reelected to lie to get money to get reelected.

G

You’re not seeing the big picture brothaman. There’s millions of dumb boomers like Joseph willing to give their social security to dumb fuck politicians. Million x 50$…+Corporate speaking fees and interest money.

Its almost insane how big of a grift politics is. It used to be you’d have to jew your way into making millions by selling your soul to oil companies. Now politicians regularly run off a majority of small, independent donations because of rubes like this.

Edit: It’s also even more depressing when you realize ANY elected officials term, 2/3 of it is spent campaigning to get reelected. I mean think about it. Campaigning is fucking expensive (even more so if you’re in a swing state and depending on what you’re running for) and the average salary of a Congressperson is around like $70,000. So you’re basically in a non stop loop of lying to get money to get reelected to lie to get money to get reelected.
Congressmen make $175k

JebJoh

Im baffled by the concept of political donations. What did that 50 dollars go towards? Why do they constantly ask for money, shouldnt they be funding their own shit
It really is just a giant grift, the best depiction I remember seeing was on Shameless when Frank talked the pedo into running for office. I also remember when Stuttering John came up with the plan to run for senate he really thought people would just hand over money.

I think political experts (campaign people, pollsters etc.) are really expensive, at least on the presidential level. If you want to run the world, your probably need to hire the best people and they don’t come cheap

JebJoh

I think political experts (campaign people, pollsters etc.) are really expensive, at least on the presidential level. If you want to run the world, your probably need to hire the best people and they don’t come cheap
Lately even school board assholes are hiring $200 per hour consultants to run their stupid campaigns, it is getting insane. I've seen it work, where a dickhead who just moved into town hires pros and gets himself on the school board and I've seen it backfire when the consultant gets exposed by some lunch lady at a meeting and everyone tells the candidate to fuck off. I once worked for a local politician, there were 10 employess / volunteers, 5 family members and 1 professional consultant in the office working on the campaign. When the votes were counted, our guy got 8 votes, the winner got around 40 and I spent about 6 grand in printing and expenses, the consultant got around $120,000 plus another hundred in advertising funds and expenses, the guy's wife bought a new range rover right before the election. So 8 votes cost half a million. Imagine what the MAGA grifters are hauling in, and they aren't actually doing anything but sending daily email to racists and boomers.

Lately even school board assholes are hiring $200 per hour consultants to run their stupid campaigns, it is getting insane. I've seen it work, where a dickhead who just moved into town hires pros and gets himself on the school board and I've seen it backfire when the consultant gets exposed by some lunch lady at a meeting and everyone tells the candidate to fuck off. I once worked for a local politician, there were 10 employess / volunteers, 5 family members and 1 professional consultant in the office working on the campaign. When the votes were counted, our guy got 8 votes, the winner got around 40 and I spent about 6 grand in printing and expenses, the consultant got around $120,000 plus another hundred in advertising funds and expenses, the guy's wife bought a new range rover right before the election. So 8 votes cost half a million. Imagine what the MAGA grifters are hauling in, and they aren't actually doing anything but sending daily email to racists and boomers.
Damn you got fleeced, my condolences

JebJoh

Damn you got fleeced, my condolences
I didn't spend my money, I spent campaign money on printers and teens who put the signs up all over town. I was paid about $200 per week for hanging out in the office a few hours per week ordering flyers and cardboard signs from a printer then handing out signs and $20 bills to local kids. The entire time I was astonished that this is how politics works (didn't work actually, half the people in the office didn't even vote for the guy)

I didn't spend my money, I spent campaign money on printers and teens who put the signs up all over town. I was paid about $200 per week for hanging out in the office a few hours per week ordering flyers and cardboard signs from a printer then handing out signs and $20 bills to local kids. The entire time I was astonished that this is how politics works (didn't work actually, half the people in the office didn't even vote for the guy)
What do the consultants actually do? I imagine they just advise on where to put up the fliers and what doors to knock on

JebJoh

What do the consultants actually do? I imagine they just advise on where to put up the fliers and what doors to knock on
They are supposed to be connected, they set up photo ops and get the news to cover "Look at this candidate x is planting a tree" They also worked for other politicians in the past and they will pay them a few grand to endorse their guy. I never got that far, but from what I've seen young consultants are always the kids of connected people and they get hired based on who they are connected to. The consultant who worked for the winner (40 votes) was the 20 year old son of the owner of a construction company who paid off the mayor for city contracts. Nobody I talked to from either side seemed to know what the candidates' platforms were, as far as I could tell, both candidates believed exactly the same thing. It was all for a couple of nobodies to win a nothing spot on some district council.