• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Gerald's Game (1992); why does Steven King always write about kids in a sexual manner?

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
After he dug its dead body up

Fawk that don't make no sense to dig up a dead kid's body and rape it and kill it again, being as it was already dead.

Hoist on my own Tomlinson Technicality
:image_9248:: Yeah, I mean, I could see that happening to just about anyone. Addiction is a different beast than most people understand and they don't get how dark it can be. It's a tough one, man. Work the program. One day at a time. Okay, Stephen. Thanks for your call.

cocaine-hell-of-a-drug.gif

This guy a pedo? I'd never guess it by looking at him.

portait-of-american-horror-writer-stephen-king-mid-1970s.jpg

Wild

I love media!
Forum Clout
Finished this book, been wanting to read it for a while. it was ok, but the last 4 chapters were like a letter to someone and it was a bore.

The chapters where there is a "guy" in the house were bad ass and really freaky and unnerving when reading. That being said:

Why does this dude always write about kids? I know It is the worse with the teen orgy, but it seems like most of his books have this shit. Even the shinning had something where Danny picked up a snow globe and the inside of it were showing him sex acts?

In Gerald's Game, the Dad of the main woman blows a load on her ass when she was ten years old. really fucking gross. really detailed too.

🤢
Dude, Gerald's Game is the biggest piece of trash I've ever read. "Hehe, space cowboy. Ya know, like the Steve Miller Band, you stoner fucks?" Nobody wants to read about some tied down roastie struggling against handcuffs while cringe supernatural shit happens around her.

Carl Winslow

I'm not a Fed
Forum Clout
Dude, Gerald's Game is the biggest piece of trash I've ever read. "Hehe, space cowboy. Ya know, like the Steve Miller Band, you stoner fucks?" Nobody wants to read about some tied down roastie struggling against handcuffs while cringe supernatural shit happens around her.

It wasn’t bad, it wasn’t great. I’m glad I read it, but never will again.

Misery was a lot better. Maybe my favorite of his? I read it in 8th grade and still remember most of it.

G

It wasn’t bad, it wasn’t great. I’m glad I read it, but never will again.

Misery was a lot better. Maybe my favorite of his? I read it in 8th grade and still remember most of it.
Ever read The Shining? Read that around the same age and loved it. Read it again 10 years later and was a bit a let down after learning about how King used it to make himself a martyr about his addictions.

bantadant

Fantastic Man
Forum Clout
Anytime King throws in some song lyrics or band references it's always cringy as hell. The only think worse is when he tries to sound like a kid and uses slang that no one ever fucking says. In "Black House" one of the characters calls something "bitchrod" for fucks sake

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
I think it's just the contrast of what is supposed to be the most innocent creature next to an act meant to symbolize the opposite. It's a simple act that will likely change them forever, starting their journey to adulthood. Seems apropos for a horror writer.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
I think it's just the contrast of what is supposed to be the most innocent creature next to an act meant to symbolize the opposite. It's a simple act that will likely change them forever, starting their journey to adulthood. Seems apropos for a horror writer.
It's apropos, but King is a hack for going to the Weimer well so often. It's cheap heat, a quick way to go right to the reader's lizard brain horror/disgust reaction. He's got some great ideas and he's not an unskilled writer, but he runs out of steam (i.e. cocaine), says "Fuck it, we'll do it live!" and throws in some SFWA action to distract from his inability to end a story satisfactorily.

bantadant

Fantastic Man
Forum Clout
It's apropos, but King is a hack for going to the Weimer well so often. It's cheap heat, a quick way to go right to the reader's lizard brain horror/disgust reaction. He's got some great ideas and he's not an unskilled writer, but he runs out of steam (i.e. cocaine), says "Fuck it, we'll do it live!" and throws in some SFWA action to distract from his inability to end a story satisfactorily.
His endings always suck. Dude doesn't know how to finish a story at all