• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Genuine olive branch/advice for Pat

EraGodless

Forum Clout
oh God, Sober Sanctimonious Pat would be one of the worst Pats to ever Pat.

I can see him now, lecturing heroin addicts on Twitter because "I'm an addict too. Been sober 23 days, child."

"That's. Why. You. Make. The. List. Of. People. You've. Wronged."

"Louder for the people in the back: your Higher Power has nothing to do with religion. It could be Kamala Harris if you want. Actually that's probably not a bad choice, full stop."
FaceApp_1641401863193.jpg

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
I don't talk about my line of work or expertise here, but I'll say this: if anyone thinks that writing an essay, or a fucking sonnet or anything else is best done while being sober, you're out of your mind. The process and end product is just so much better if done under the influence.

There are exceptions. Douchebag Henry Rollins, admittedly, was and is a sober guy and his one man shows were entertaining (I was a fan of his as a teen). But he's a cunt. Mark Twain smoked God-knows-how-much and his work has persisted. Certain vices eliminate distraction.

i call bullshit on this. If you need to alter yourself to write then you have some kind of anxiety disorder or something that you’ve never dealt with.

Forum Clout
I don't talk about my line of work or expertise here, but I'll say this: if anyone thinks that writing an essay, or a fucking sonnet or anything else is best done while being sober, you're out of your mind. The process and end product is just so much better if done under the influence.

There are exceptions. Douchebag Henry Rollins, admittedly, was and is a sober guy and his one man shows were entertaining (I was a fan of his as a teen). But he's a cunt. Mark Twain smoked God-knows-how-much and his work has persisted. Certain vices eliminate distraction.
I'm not a creative like you and Pat so I can't relate. I'm just a number cruncher whose productivity plummeted when I was high. I could even tell a difference in the morning if I smoked the night before. That said, people have told me that I wasn't as much of an asshole when I was a stoner so my productivity is much higher, but my tolerance for people's bullshit is much lower. I mainly quit because after twenty years of smoking and fifteen years of growing, being sober became more interesting than walking around in a weed induced fog 24/7. That and the fact that the good job meant I no longer had the time and financial reason to grow so I couldn't get high on my own supply anymore and it's hard to pay retail for that shit after you got it at cost for fifteen years.

Last edited:

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
My advice is turn off your Twitter for 72 hours and just... see what happens. I promise, Pig, whatever happens will be an improvement to whatever's happening now. I promise.

Just ask:
- Jon Scalzi
- The fat Simpsons comic guy who stole money
- The Jewess Amanda Whateverstein
- The Jew writer with glasses with a man for a wife
- The drunk mustachioed lawyer
- Logan Lynn
- I'm not typing anymore out. The sample size is large enough to prove you're the one driving this, Pig.
The problem would be getting past the first 12 hours of being awake. Withdrawal is real.

Ideally he would go to a secluded, but nice place in nature that has no cell phone service.

One time this happened to me unexpectedly, and I didn't want it to end.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
i call bullshit on this. If you need to alter yourself to write then you have some kind of anxiety disorder or something that you’ve never dealt with.
...Well, okay? Basically, you'll sit there in front of a blank Word document thinking, "hmm, should I have a drink or shouldn't I?"

Maybe wine is nicer than having no wine.

I'm not a creative like you and Pat so I can't relate. I'm just a number cruncher whose productivity plummeted when I was high. I could even tell a difference in the morning if I smoked the night before. That said, people have told me that I wasn't as much of an asshole when I was a stoner so my productivity is much higher, but my tolerance for people's bullshit is much lower. I mainly quit because after twenty years of smoking and fifteen years of growing, being sober became more interesting than walking around in a weed induced fog 24/7. That and the fact that the good job meant I no longer had the time and financial reason to grow so I couldn't get high on my own supply anymore and it's hard to pay retail for that shit after you got it at cost for fifteen years.
I wouldn't consider my work creative, but in any event, some things stimulate creativity, some inhibit it. Too much of something isn't going to make your work better; just the right amount.

Piggy doesn't understand moderation.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
the thing that has kept me sober for 4 years now is having an “important” career. Responsibility and a decent income change everything. You just don’t have the time to be wasted.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
the thing that has kept me sober for 4 years now is having an “important” career. Responsibility and a decent income change everything. You just don’t have the time to be wasted.
Yeah that was my problem, boredom, no real responsibility. I had a job a monkey could do so numbing out helped. Though then it was just weed. Occasionally would go on jags of having a few whiskeys too but I'd go a while hardly drinking, or just weekends at a bar. Lately have hit it harder This week I haven't drank worknights and I've got like a month of work done in 3 days. Luckily my boss doesn't pay enough attention to know I was sandbagging. I decided on a whim to only smoke on weekends too. That's mostly for financial reasons.

Forum Clout
I wouldn't consider my work creative, but in any event, some things stimulate creativity, some inhibit it. Too much of something isn't going to make your work better; just the right amount.

Piggy doesn't understand moderation.
Yeah, moderation is key. I can do it with alcohol and I could do it with cocaine, LSD, ecstasy, and mushrooms, but I could never do it with weed and cigarettes. It would always blow my mind how some of my friends could make a quarter ounce of weed last them a month and only smoke a half dozen cigarettes every weekend. If I could pull it off, I'd do it too. Nowadays, my only vices are coffee, nicorette gum, and 90's dutch hardcore techno. I don't know if they make me more creative, but they do help me to work like a motherfucker, which puts more money in my bank account and IRA so my chances of spending the last year or two of my life being abused by fat black nurses in a crappy nursing home goes down every month.

Forum Clout
I used to think the only symptoms of a hangover were feeling nauseous, headaches, and physical stuff. I learned that its way deeper than that. Its a very sneaky depression thats difficult to even notice until you’re pretty far down the hole

G

Never contacted you directly but enjoy mocking you on here as much as the next man. However, recently I got a window into what may be one of the driving forces behind what's making you miserable.

I'm not traditionally a big drinker but, for some reason (boredom, opportunity, the covid blues, whatever) I drank heavily for 10 nights in a row over the Christmas holiday period. I've got kids and would never drink more than the occasional beer at a barbecue in front of them, so I kept it until 9 or whenever they went to bed and then, nothing interesting (in fact pretty sad) I'd just put away the bourbons on the rocks while watching crap online. And it's OK in the moment. Switch off the old noggin and zone out. But the fucking hangovers. I'm a couple or years younger than you, Patrick, so I can't imagine you have it any better. After 2 or 3 days it wasn't a hangover anymore. It was just how you feel after drinking. Low energy, depressed, irritable. I caught myself snapping at my kids. My wife is cool and doesn't need to nag. She just gave me a look that said "you better fucking shape up and fast." I had enough of it even after a week and change.

It's funny how you immediately feel like a different person, even after a day. A few days later and you're good as new. I realise you don't have kids or a loving relationship to motivate you but I promise, you will feel so much better if you cut out the sauce. Just try it, Pat. Give it 3 days. This is a genuine offer of good will.
Your wife sounds saucy. I bet she’s dresses real snazzy like Cara Delevingne but carries herself like Helen Mirren.