• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Fourth of July Louis CK movie starring Joe List

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
rUZQQoV.jpeg
I like this screenshot, it tells me everything I need to know about the scene. I like Joe's frightened squirrel posture, cornered by the hungry bleach-blond bull terrier. I'm glad that Nick called Joe a faggot, and that Joe has to just take it. I also know this isn't the whole movie, so I'll probably give it a pass. I could definitely watch Joe List getting bullied for 90 minutes.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
You summed it up better than I will but i hated it so much I’ll keep it brief

Joe list is the College educated redditor coming home to meet his blue collar family.
Louis ck could have made it so much better if he made joe list the butt of the joke. But it came off like joe list was the morally superior righteous 2022 numale educating his “ignorant” family on why they were assholes.
His family is pretty fucking sweet, pounding beers, making pedo and racial jokes.

Bobby was a good actor, and dipaolo was surprisingly good. I don’t know if this was louis trying to score ironic woke points with the cinema crowd or it’s my jaded cynicism disliking all the faggot shit joe list says IE you didnt hug me mom, 3 years sober, etc.

But in general it seems like louis ck wanted the audience to identify with joe list as the downtrodden, therapy going intellectual and see the blue collar family as the villain. When in reality joe list is the fucking douche bag treating his happy go lucky family like shit, especially his parents, because he has some form of mental illness probably caused by too much reddit karma.

Not to mention the super ironic, above it all, 10 layers of sarcasm mulatta girl that really had no reason to be in the movie

It’s like louis ck made an entire film projecting his dislike towards the northeastern working man, because he read some history and lost his accent and is now part of the intellectual elite, just above it all.

The attempt to make it deep with the regular joe boston cousin jeff and reconcile everything with joe list and his mom was horrifically cringeworthy

2/10 it was a chore to finish.
chuckled like twice with some dipaolo lines.
:image_9247:

This is why stand up comedians rarely become box office commodities and/or make decent movies. Step Brothers makes the protagonists into a fucking joke and it's way funnier than anything Louis CK could ever create, probably because they're not stand up comics. On a side note, Adam McKay has turned into a Judd Apatow/Louis CK level faggot and won't ever make a funny movie again. If Louis hadn't been cancelled, would really be that faggy by now.

Also, I'm pretty sure Nick has had acting lessons at some point or at least a coach since he was a hit 90's sitcom.

Naked_Militiaman

Powdered Toast Man
Forum Clout
This same gay movie is made every ten years:

Garden State (2004)
Sleepwalk With Me (2012)
Fourth of July (2022)

Weepy “artist” faggot goes home and can’t connect with his family and awkward situations ensue.

Luckily this one is written, directed, starring, produced, edited, assistant directed, assistant produced, scored, wallpapered, and reproduced by (“based on the comedy of”) faggot Louis C.K. so we’re in good hands...

Even if that pussy Joe List pulled a Richard Jeni during the making of this film I still wouldn’t even watch the behind-the-scenes documentary on it since it would probably be “conceived and scripted” by Louis too. I’d rather watch Joe Derosa rap for 90 minutes.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout

This movie was fucking garbage. Super gay and shitty. 3/10

The only thing I enjoyed about this movie was that Jim Norton wasn't in it. Especially since bob belly's character was struggling with a "drinking addiction" when the actor clearly suffers from an eating condition. Joe List acts like a whiny teenager and the climax of the movie is saying fuck you to his whole family. Gay retarded movie two thumbs DOWN. Editing was fucking atrocious too.

Special thanks list is obnoxious too

lCB4m5b.png

Ooooh dr. Bob and bill w., wow, the guys that made this movie must have DEMONS!!

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
I'm still embarrassed for Louis CK about Horace and Pete. You made a career out of telling bar jokes. Stop trying to be dark and deep faggot.
I enjoyed Horace and Pete but I don’t think I’d watch it again. There’s one episode where the lady does a monologue for an entire hour about cheating on her husband with his dad. It’s beyond impressive that she did it in one take but it was incredibly boring so I skipped through expecting it to end and when it didn’t I just went to the next episode.

Forum Clout
I enjoyed Horace and Pete but I don’t think I’d watch it again. There’s one episode where the lady does a monologue for an entire hour about cheating on her husband with his dad. It’s beyond impressive that she did it in one take but it was incredibly boring so I skipped through expecting it to end and when it didn’t I just went to the next episode.

That episode was just Louis trying to be extra difficult. He probably thought Horace and Pete would become the new Long Day's Journey into Night.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
That episode was just Louis trying to be extra difficult. He probably thought Horace and Pete would become the new Long Day's Journey into Night.
I don’t know what that is. I did kind of watch it because I thought it was going to be a comedy but I enjoyed it.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
This is why stand up comedians rarely become box office commodities and/or make decent movies. Step Brothers makes the protagonists into a fucking joke and it's way funnier than anything Louis CK could ever create, probably because they're not stand up comics. On a side note, Adam McKay has turned into a Judd Apatow/Louis CK level faggot and won't ever make a funny movie again. If Louis hadn't been cancelled, would really be that faggy by now.

Also, I'm pretty sure Nick has had acting lessons at some point or at least a coach since he was a hit 90's sitcom.
Nick was on a sitcom? Which one?

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
Louis always wanted to be like Woody Allen: be the biggest stand up comedian, then retire from that to make critically acclaimed, introspective films. The thing about Allen's standup was that it was similar to the tone of his comedies. It wasn't jerkoff jokes like Louis.

Even when Louis was on O&A, he'd occasionally bring up pretentious films he watched. It was always jarring considering his comedy, but in retrospect, it's clear he wanted to be in that circle really badly.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
Louis always wanted to be like Woody Allen: be the biggest stand up comedian, then retire from that to make critically acclaimed, introspective films. The thing about Allen's standup was that it was similar to the tone of his comedies. It wasn't jerkoff jokes like Louis.

Even when Louis was on O&A, he'd occasionally bring up pretentious films he watched. It was always jarring considering his comedy, but in retrospect, it's clear he wanted to be in that circle really badly.
He’s still the best comedian of his generation by leaps and bounds. Stanhope is the only one that is close.