• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Food Review: 'C4' Energy (Skittles Flavor)

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
690d533c-2ba9-451d-b5da-061cd99755ea.53dcd2822997d819ec114bb6daeb7197.jpeg

Perusing my options for drinks again today, my eye wandered to an area that I have NEVER personally even glanced at -- the Energy Drinks. The one time I thought "let me be part of the group" and had a Red Bull, it tasted like chemotherapy. I needed a little pick me up, so I said "what the heck?" and reached for the Skittles can of "C4" thinking to myself, maybe this will be interesting fodder to keep the bit going. This might be the last time I venture out and try a "new" drink.

The Look:
This was a very bright and high contrast styled can. I felt a bit like a fruitcake drinking this in public if I'm being candid with you. Being seen drinking this made me feel like people were peering and saying "Is he gay?" Not an experience I would recommend. However, if you are an attractive female or an asian male, you might look cool drinking this can.
I should note that the side of the can warns you cannot drink this if you are pregnant or nursing. There is also an equally-as-large warning that states you will feel a full-body buzz and then experience a superhuman energy boost. Neither of these things happened. I actually ended up drinking another regular coffee afterwards.

The Flavor:
The Skittles flavor is what I was drawn to here. I was hopping for candy style flavor to mask what is usually terrible chemical spray flavor ENERGY DRINKS. I did note this drink contained zero sugar, and boy was it obvious. This was a typical run of the mill energy drink with a bad flavor attempting to make up for it. Energy Drinks taste like what I assume flavored vape juice would taste like if you drank it.

Rating:
F. I will never try another Energy Drink, I get burned every time. Whenever I take a sip of a Monster Energy, the white ones, or the regular ones, or any Red Bull, or these C4 cans of shit, I always just look around at everyone in disgust thinking you fucking animals drink this shit? How can you disgusting animals enjoy this? ALL DAY? It's undrinkable. And it doesn't even give me that pick-me-up like Chadebugre in my i57-Ignite.

G

the only energy drink that was somewhat drinkable was some bang energy drink i tried when i used to be a faggot. the only reason it was drinkable was because it tasted like candy from when i was a kid and the nostalgia kicked in.

redbull tastes like asshole I do not understand how anyone can drink such an overpriced, undersized replacement for a perfectly good espresso.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
I drink at least two energy drinks or preworkouts a day.

The C4 canned products in general have an artificial mouth feel, almost slimy. I try every single energy drink that comes out, I tried all their flavors, and I haven’t been back.

To me the gold standard for flavor and feel are the full-sugar flavored Red Bulls in a styrofoam cup of ice with a straw.

Dump two of the Yellow, Amber, or Green ones in a big ass gas station styrofoam, that’s peak flavortown.

In the full sugar realm a close second or tie for first is JUICE MONSTER Mango.

The next best flavor is Rockstar Juiced (now rebranded as “Pure Zero”) - specifically the Tangerine Mango Guava Strawberry flavor

However I usually just drink Monster Zero, as the 0 calorie trade off is worth it to me.

Last edited:

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
I used to drink the Starbucks energy shot drinks but noticed I would get this weird feeling in my chest that coffee never gives me. Energy drinks are a fawkin problem is what I'm getting at here.

I down at least one of those empties every day, because I refuse to use the uncleaned coffee machine at work. I usually prefer the cold mocha frappacinos though.

Harry Powell

Forum Clout
I never understood why anyone would drink this shit. Just drink coffee. It's delicious. Or take caffeine pills.
Totally different experiences.

1) coffee is hot and not carbonated. I love a good coffee. But first thing when I wake up I want something ice cold and carbonated. Clears the throat.

2) Caffeine pills work well for the intended effect and I’ve taken thousands of them. However they do not have as rapid of a come up as liquid caffeine unless you dissolve or crush them.

Energy drink or preworkout on an empty stomach first thing in the AM? You can feel it scrape the mucus off your brain.

3) Flavor experience. While the vast majority suck dick, there is an enjoyable “candy store” element to going to the gas station and checking out all the new shiny cans. They are constantly trying new tastes, new flavors, new mixes of toxic chemicals.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
I down at least one of those empties every day, because I refuse to use the uncleaned coffee machine at work. I usually prefer the cold mocha frappacinos though.
Those are different I'm talking about the double shot or whatever it's energy drink with coffee. I swapped to just drinking coffee flavored breakfast protein drinks and they drink pretty good. Also only have like 1g of sugar compared to God knows how much is in those others.

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Forum Clout
Totally different experiences.

1) coffee is hot and not carbonated. I love a good coffee. But first thing when I wake up I want something ice cold and carbonated. Clears the throat.

2) Caffeine pills work well for the intended effect and I’ve taken thousands of them. However they do not have as rapid of a come up as liquid caffeine unless you dissolve or crush them.

Energy drink or preworkout on an empty stomach first thing in the AM? You can feel it scrape the mucus off your brain.

3) Flavor experience. While the vast majority suck dick, there is an enjoyable “candy store” element to going to the gas station and checking out all the new shiny cans. They are constantly trying new tastes, new flavors, new mixes of toxic chemicals.
You wake up craving something cold and carbonated? That's bizarre to me. I need hot coffee in the morning. I also don't drink soda or any carbonated beverages except for club soda occasionally.

Last edited:

Harry Powell

Forum Clout
You wake up craving something cold and carbonated? That's bizarre to me. I need hot coffee in the morning. I also don't drink soda or any carbonated beverages except for club soda occasions.
Im a former Diet Coke addict. Nothing better than the bubbles clearing all the phlegm and shit outta your throat