First Many Saints of Newark review is out

G

I remember seeing an interview with Chase where he said one of the most important things about the show for him was casting Italian Americans as the Italian American characters. That it annoyed him as a Wop when non-Italian actors were cast in mob movies. Steve Schirripa is half Jew and Buscemi is half Anglo but I think pretty much all the rest of the main cast are full-blood greaseballs, apart from AJ and Meadow.

Well this is the guy playing young Paulie.
dea628ed1623dbda52a0e2042fd595cd.jpg

The guy's name is Magnusson too. Did Paulie used to be a Viking or is Chase just going through the motions?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I remember seeing an interview with Chase where he said one of the most important things about the show for him was casting Italian Americans as the Italian American characters. That it annoyed him as a Wop when non-Italian actors were cast in mob movies.
Riche Aprile is Jewish. Angie Bompensero is Jewish. Valentina is Jewish. Mathew Drinkwater is Mexican. Benny Fazio Criminal Mastermind is Jewish. Meadow Soprano is Jewish. AJ Soprano is Irish. They tried to cast Ray Liotta multiple times on the show who is actually Irish or Scottish and was adopted. The show is filled with people who are not Italian.

I know that Chase wanted an Italian actress for Meadow but was overruled by HBO. There is a scene in the later seasons, during the 75th birthday part for Hugh, when Carmela remarks how much darker Meadow is than the rest of the family. The actress for Meadow had massive plastic surgery the first few seasons transforming her face. Multiple nose jobs and so on. It is very obvious when you binge the show.

They also reference about people faking their race in the show to make it into show business with the Columbus episode. Where half of the episode centers around Iron Eyes Cody being actually White and not a Redskin. I always laugh when Dell Redclay the Indian freaks out when he finds out that Iron Eyes Cody was Italian and faked being an Indian.

Snake

Riche Aprile is Jewish. Angie Bompensero is Jewish. Valentina is Jewish. Mathew Drinkwater is Mexican. Benny Fazio Criminal Mastermind is Jewish. Meadow Soprano is Jewish. AJ Soprano is Irish. They tried to cast Ray Liotta multiple times on the show who is actually Irish or Scottish and was adopted. The show is filled with people who are not Italian.

I know that Chase wanted an Italian actress for Meadow but was overruled by HBO. There is a scene in the later seasons, during the 75th birthday part for Hugh, when Carmela remarks how much darker Meadow is than the rest of the family. The actress for Meadow had massive plastic surgery the first few seasons transforming her face. Multiple nose jobs and so on. It is very obvious when you binge the show.

They also reference about people faking their race in the show to make it into show business with the Columbus episode. Where half of the episode centers around Iron Eyes Cody being actually White and not a Redskin. I always laugh when Dell Redclay the Indian freaks out when he finds out that Iron Eyes Cody was Italian and faked being an Indian.

G

Yeah, Bevilaqua is Colombian I think and was adopted by wops. He did real prison time and looks like a broken man now. Didn't know about Angie but did know the guy who played Richie was a Jew. Didn't think my previous comment through enough. Also, he's a proper Actor's Studio thespian aka poofter. Hilarious the chasm between that character and his real self. Testament to his skill as an actor but he's a real pantywaist theatre darling irl.

Udders

Crumbly feta is not God's Plan
My people were the white mans' nigger while yours were still soiling their swaddling clothes.

Hesh is so underrated.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Yeah, Bevilaqua is Colombian I think and was adopted by wops. He did real prison time and looks like a broken man now.
Yeah he was apparently on cocaine for every single scene he shot in The Sopranos. Said it himself in interviews. Of course the entire cast including Gandolfini were also coked out (hence Tony having the coke nose voice in later seasons, and the heart attack, rest in peace). Rumor was that Gandolfini cost the HBO actors a huge chunk of change because his drug behavior raised their insurances collectively. So later he waited HBO out for the last season's contract to get everyone a pay raise to make up for his bad behavior on set previously.

Matthew Bevilaqua was literally breaking into peoples' houses and robbing stores to feed his drug habit. Even crazier was that his robberies were done with his father-in-law being the gunman. Eventually they robbed a neighborhood with some cops living in it and one of the off duty cops chased them into an abandoned house and got into a shootout with them and was shot dead. 10 years in jail for Drinkwater. Should have tied him to a chair, given him a soft drink of choice, then blown him away.

G

Yeah he was apparently on cocaine for every single scene he shot in The Sopranos. Said it himself in interviews. Of course the entire cast including Gandolfini were also coked out (hence Tony having the coke nose voice in later seasons, and the heart attack, rest in peace). Rumor was that Gandolfini cost the HBO actors a huge chunk of change because his drug behavior raised their insurances collectively. So later he waited HBO out for the last season's contract to get everyone a pay raise to make up for his bad behavior on set previously.

Matthew Bevilaqua was literally breaking into peoples' houses and robbing stores to feed his drug habit. Even crazier was that his robberies were done with his father-in-law being the gunman. Eventually they robbed a neighborhood with some cops living in it and one of the off duty cops chased them into an abandoned house and got into a shootout with them and was shot dead. 10 years in jail for Drinkwater. Should have tied him to a chair, given him a soft drink of choice, then blown him away.
Diet Fanta? Shoot me now.