• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Fez died a year ago today

G

Fezzie is a virgin no more, teehee!

1660510637027.png

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I think people were unfair to Fez his entire life, and doubly so now that he's dead.

Fez was an asexual aspie at worst, dude just wanted to be left alone with his wrestling tapes and action figures. But the psychologist jew got in his ear with hipster Ronnie's help and convinced him to be gay.

We tend to forget the impact that physical health problems have on your mental state.

The guy had a handful of heart attacks -- even if you were raised in optimal conditions, you will come out of it an entirely different person. That's not even getting into how blood/heart meds affect your brain. He might not have even been mentally ill, he was mentally and emotionally crippled by big pharma and its consequences. (pills he needed to survive made him insane)

I can state with no exaggeration that Fez wasn't even that crazy early on, he was constantly being dumped on, passed over, ignored, etc. People out in the wild were just plainly cruel to him for no reason. He told stories about shit random people would say to him, sounded like it really hurt him. You could even hear it happen on the air sometimes with guests... He never deserved to stick out like a sore thumb. Before Fez went silent, he would be in the room and people would ignore him to speak directly to Ron.

I always smile when something in my daily life reminds me of Fezzie, but it's such a sad story when you get into it. Even towards the end when he was clearly leaning into the craziness for a bit, he was still a great joke writer -- or at the very least, a great premise writer.

I think his confidence took a fatal hit, and he tried to make it a work. Comedy really could have used his magic touch in those later years when things started becoming stifled. We never got him back to 100% and that whole era will always be a "what if" scenario.

Still, it was a testament to his charisma that he won over O&A fans. The most judgemental and hateful people alive all took a break from gay bashing to cheer on his coming out the closet, with total sincerity. That is real love.

While I don't agree with everything you wrote, Dre, you make some great points. By default I think he was asexual because he wouldn't pursue ANYTHING, but I think he found attraction in men. So perhaps he was somewhere in between? I'm not the biggest fan of labels, so to me, Fez was just Fez.

I do think he won over a lot of people, sadly a lot of them were after he was gone and people discovered that whole slow burn saga. Then you listen to WNEW and you see what a genius he was - often times he rivaled and exceeded Ron. So yeah, I agree the heart attacks fucked him up, and the meds made it worse, but I also think he struggled facing his mortality.

All day yesterday, I kept thinking about what his sister said on the tribute Bennington: that Fez felt he would never experience love, like he wasn't worthy of it. I talked about that with my gal after I listened to the show, what that must feel like for someone. Because Fez was loved, clearly, but that wasn't the love he sought. He sought a love he'd never pursue and probably never allow himself to have.

It's sad. I wish I could've met him in person, shook his hand and ask to give him a hug. If he had let me, I'd give him the biggest platonic man hug ever and tell him "You've made this old Scot laugh so many times over the years, Big Cat. Bless you and all the love to you."

Obey Fez, and thaaaaaannnnkkkkkk yoouuuuuuuuu!

G

While I don't agree with everything you wrote, Dre, you make some great points. By default I think he was asexual because he wouldn't pursue ANYTHING, but I think he found attraction in men. So perhaps he was somewhere in between? I'm not the biggest fan of labels, so to me, Fez was just Fez.

I do think he won over a lot of people, sadly a lot of them were after he was gone and people discovered that whole slow burn saga. Then you listen to WNEW and you see what a genius he was - often times he rivaled and exceeded Ron. So yeah, I agree the heart attacks fucked him up, and the meds made it worse, but I also think he struggled facing his mortality.

All day yesterday, I kept thinking about what his sister said on the tribute Bennington: that Fez felt he would never experience love, like he wasn't worthy of it. I talked about that with my gal after I listened to the show, what that must feel like for someone. Because Fez was loved, clearly, but that wasn't the love he sought. He sought a love he'd never pursue and probably never allow himself to have.

It's sad. I wish I could've met him in person, shook his hand and ask to give him a hug. If he had let me, I'd give him the biggest platonic man hug ever and tell him "You've made this old Scot laugh so many times over the years, Big Cat. Bless you and all the love to you."

Obey Fez, and thaaaaaannnnkkkkkk yoouuuuuuuuu!

That was beautiful Ray , thank you. All hail the Big Cat!

Stetten's Long Thumbers

Poot poot poot poot
Forum Clout
Ron regularly told him that he was asexual and to accept it. Obviously, when Fez first told him he was gay, Ron was happy to believe it and support him. But after years of nothing, he told him he wasn't gay all the time.
If he was gay he could've taken dick up his ass and given 1000 mustache rides every fucking day in NYC