• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Dune movie

Raymond

You will never see my penis
Forum Clout
I know who's going to love it.

1634753673081.png

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
The director has really lost his way. Sicario and Prisoners were both great but Arrival and Bladerunner 2049 were both ponderous, pretentious shite and Dune looks no better from the trailers.

CuntFucker

#1 Poster
Forum Clout
I wasted Monday evening watching this dogshit, the actress who played the MC's mum was looking good though 💯

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
I'm going to be called a bloody retard here, but I've never had any remote interest in Dune.

Never read the book. Never saw the Lynch film - in fact, if any fellow Cinema friends brought it up, I'd immediately tune out. I don't hate Kyle McLachlan, Sting or Lynch. I don't even hate Brian Eno. But, I took one look at that film poster as a young man, and something in my head just said, "Yeah, I never want to see that."

I saw one commercial for the new version online - by the time it finished, I had the same visceral reaction to it that I had with the (admittedly rather nicely designed) Dune poster from 1984: I will not waste my time seeing this fucking thing, regardless of the great director (Villeneuve in this case).

I mean, at least it's not a Marvel movie... And yet I feel it's still going to be like a Marvel movie. Fucking Christ, I hate modern Hollywood.
The trailer played before an youtube video and called it "the next star wars and lord of the rings."

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
The director has really lost his way. Sicario and Prisoners were both great but Arrival and Bladerunner 2049 were both ponderous, pretentious shite and Dune looks no better from the trailers.
I liked Blade Runner, but I agree with you that Arrival sucked. One of the most overrated movies of the past decade.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
I thought Arrival was ok. It was interesting to see an alien movie where the alien isn't wrecking shit. Bladerunner was an abomination though. The soundtrack alone is an insult to the original in every way. What drooling retard enjoys those long droning trailer sounds for an entire movie.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Forum Clout
I thought Arrival was ok. It was interesting to see an alien movie where the alien isn't wrecking shit. Bladerunner was an abomination though. The soundtrack alone is an insult to the original in every way. What drooling retard enjoys those long droning trailer sounds for an entire movie.
I liked 2049 before Harrison ford show up, man he's terrible. I bet everyone at the movie theater clapped tho

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
Forum Clout
Lynch is conservative, which I like. The latest Twin Peaks only had 1 black character and she was a prostitute with like 2 scenes lol.

Also Agent Cooper is a main character who's actually good and a winner. He isn't some anti-hero faggot, or morally ambiguous, or good but a loser. When do you ever see that in jewish media? The good characters, even if they're protagonists, are always losers.
I recently watched Inland Empire. God what a fucking waste of time and absolute chore.

Loved Elephant man, Loved Blue Velvet, Liked Eraserhead. Credit due. I regret watching the old Twin Peaks series though. ANd while I enjoyed the new season of Twin Peaks from 2017, and you can tell Lynch has an unapologetic love for America of the 1950s-60s (could be registered as a conservative, as you say) and that is one of the main appeals of his output, he's still just a jerk off artist

Lost Highway was a flick that clued me off. You just write random plotlines on strips of paper and throw them up in the air then pick them out like numbers for the mega million lottery. String them together just to be quirky and mysterious. There's no reason or logic to it. The redditors who wasted their time analyzing the new season of Twin Peaks are retarded faggots grasping at nothing. It's a string of severe, "deep" characters and moments interspersed between artsy whimsey that give some illusion to a greater, calculated whole. There is none. It's bullshit slam packed together randomly, just to seem deep and random

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Lost Highway was a flick that clued me off. You just write random plotlines on strips of paper and throw them up in the air then pick them out like numbers for the mega million lottery.
Twin Peaks is trash as a murder mystery because the killer was beyond obvious. Shows like Sopranos, Wire, Shield, where you already know the murderer and the show is about the investigation, details, psychology, and even history of organized crime are more worthwhile. The Shield literally showed you the murder in the first episode and then everything spiraled out of control for the main characters from there.

But Lost Highway is meant to be disjointed and insane. The movie takes place in the mind of a convicted killer who is facing the death penalty. So he has fantasies in his mind about escaping prison, going on the run, reliving his life as a criminal, saving people, living dangerously. It is all one big fantasy in his head as he is heading to the electric chair. And his mind is racing and panicking knowing that he is about to die. Last shots of the movie are him violently jerking his head and body as the screen flashes white, symbolizing him getting electrocuted, and dying. An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.

Clint Ruin

I'm sorry, who are you?
Forum Clout
They dumbed it down for general audiences so hard. Major parts of the book like Mentats, navigators, and weirding were turned into glossed-over Easter eggs. They literally kept the dumbest parts of the story and either ignored everything else or turned it into a little wink to actual fans of the book.

bombvest

Forum Clout
big budget movies these days are just extended trailers. don't even pay attention anymore.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Forum Clout
I just watch it i think it's pretty good, very entertaining. The dumbass wwe guy from guardian of galaxy every time this