• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Does it rationally piss anyone else off that Jim was in a Scorsese film?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
It is one of the worst A-level gangster films of all time. The acting performances from everyone in it are horrific enough that Norton's abysmal on screen presence is entirely unnoticed. DeNiro was worse than Norton. Also the movie is completely based on false information and lies. The author is like a mafia version of 'stolen valor' where he was never in the mob and just made everything up. Similar to the hilarious fairy tales of the Iceman Killer.

Norton being hired for a Netflix waste of time is nothing to be alarmed about. The alarm bells should be sounding that Scorsee is now in his late level George Lucas phase of making only dogshit films. The budget for the Irishman is rumored to be nearly $250million. A quarter of a billion dollars to produce a movie that is insignificant in every way. It made less than $1million in theaters worldwide and sold next to no copies on DVD or Bluray. Had to be some laundering going on there.
What? You don’t think Forrest Gump with gangsters is a good movie idea?

EraGodless

Forum Clout
I don’t like that Jim undeservingly gets all the big chances, but I do like that none of them ever boost his profile. Years on a big market radio show, featured spot on Leno, reoccurring character on some Starz garbage, this Scorsese movie and he still is an unknown prop comic doing characters to a tiny audience.
pcgi9f3xlwk61.png

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
I towered over the rest of those pussies. I gave Al Pacino a wedgie one time. A good one. Ripped the waistband off his tighty whiteys. I also kept showing up to the set of Godfather 2 with my rewrites and they kept saying "we're going a different direction with this one, Abe." My rewrites were eventually stolen and turned into the film The Transporter, starring Jason Statham as me. Anyways, they usually tried to keep me away from the other actors but one time I got ahold of Bobby Deniro through a fence and I was pretending to cry really hard and I just wouldn't let go of him. He started screaming "HELP! I DON'T KNOW YOU!" and I let go of him when security came and said "just kiddin'." It was a really good prank.

Besides 6'1" is as big as you were allowed to be in Hollywood back then aside from famous job-stealing bastard, Ted Cassidy. I almost had a date with the titless alien from the Fifth Element one time but our schedules clashed.
You need to publish a book of stories from your career. Call it The Ghost of Abe Vigoda's True Hollywood Stories Volume One: I'm Not a Jew, Quit Saying That God Dammit Landau! I Swear I'll Put Out Your Eye!

lowend73

Forum Clout
It is one of the worst A-level gangster films of all time. The acting performances from everyone in it are horrific enough that Norton's abysmal on screen presence is entirely unnoticed. DeNiro was worse than Norton. Also the movie is completely based on false information and lies. The author is like a mafia version of 'stolen valor' where he was never in the mob and just made everything up. Similar to the hilarious fairy tales of the Iceman Killer.

Norton being hired for a Netflix waste of time is nothing to be alarmed about. The alarm bells should be sounding that Scorsee is now in his late level George Lucas phase of making only dogshit films. The budget for the Irishman is rumored to be nearly $250million. A quarter of a billion dollars to produce a movie that is insignificant in every way. It made less than $1million in theaters worldwide and sold next to no copies on DVD or Bluray. Had to be some laundering going on there.
I cannot make more than halfway, this boring piece of shit is perfect to fall asleep too.

It sounded really good when it was supposed to be made over 25 years ago. Instead, we got Robert Deniro with CGI

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
irishman-irish.gif

Get old with some dignity.

I just realized they probably had to deliberately lower the shop awning 6 inches to make him appear taller.
This scene made the movie for me, it's so goddamn funny watching DeNiro look like an 85 year old man feebly stomping some poor fuck. Couldn't they have just gotten a stuntman and digitally replace his face? Christ.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Wait, am I allowed to still like The Wolf of Wall Street or is that also considered late career Scorsese trash?

I still really enjoy watching Leo fuck around in that movie as Margot Robbie gets her titties out.
Have you seen Boiler Room? That movie is better than Wolf of Wall Street in every way but seeing Margot Robbie nude.

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
This scene made the movie for me, it's so goddamn funny watching DeNiro look like an 85 year old man feebly stomping some poor fuck. Couldn't they have just gotten a stuntman and digitally replace his face? Christ.
I could watch that scene for three hours instead of watching the rest of that movie. Even the way the glass breaks is comical.

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
Sugar glass
I don't think the glass is even there. It's CGI because old man DeNiro might cut his wafer thin skin.

His stiff old-man limbs and arthritic fists contrasted with the soy sauce hair are hilarious. I try to explain why it's so funny to people, and they give me weird looks.
When he's standing on the guy's hand and he pushes down is amazingly stupid. The guy yells like it was hit with a hammer.

G

I don't think the glass is even there. It's CGI because old man DeNiro might cut his wafer thin skin.

When he's standing on the guy's hand and he pushes down is amazingly stupid. The guy yells like it was hit with a hammer.
I don't understand how it made it into the film. It's not subjective... it's objectively awful. Every reddit fan of scorsese makes fun of it. What the fuck is that scene's deal?

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
I don't understand how it made it into the film. It's not subjective... it's objectively awful. Every reddit fan of scorsese makes fun of it. What the fuck is that scene's deal?
How could anyone see the dailies and not start laughing?

Mr Scorsese, I'm sorry but this is fucking gay!

NO! You're fucking gay!

scorsesemarion.jpg

Even the noise of the glass breaking is hilarious.

ZAg17

Forum Clout
I've still not watched The Irishman. I watched a few clips and the CGI, not only on the de-aging, but all of the cgi green screen backgrounds and sets were so off putting. I hate that glossy/digital look all movies have now. They look half like a video game cutscene and half like an snl sketch. The other clip I saw was Stephen Grahams character meeting Al Pacino and it was almost like a parody of a classic Scorcese gangster scene.