• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Does it rationally piss anyone else off that Jim was in a Scorsese film?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
It is one of the worst A-level gangster films of all time. The acting performances from everyone in it are horrific enough that Norton's abysmal on screen presence is entirely unnoticed. DeNiro was worse than Norton. Also the movie is completely based on false information and lies. The author is like a mafia version of 'stolen valor' where he was never in the mob and just made everything up. Similar to the hilarious fairy tales of the Iceman Killer.

Norton being hired for a Netflix waste of time is nothing to be alarmed about. The alarm bells should be sounding that Scorsee is now in his late level George Lucas phase of making only dogshit films. The budget for the Irishman is rumored to be nearly $250million. A quarter of a billion dollars to produce a movie that is insignificant in every way. It made less than $1million in theaters worldwide and sold next to no copies on DVD or Bluray. Had to be some laundering going on there.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
It is one of the worst A-level gangster films of all time. The acting performances from everyone in it are horrific enough that Norton's abysmal on screen presence is entirely unnoticed. DeNiro was worse than Norton. Also the movie is completely based on false information and lies. The author is like a mafia version of 'stolen valor' where he was never in the mob and just made everything up. Similar to the hilarious fairy tales of the Iceman Killer.

Norton being hired for a Netflix waste of time is nothing to be alarmed about. The alarm bells should be sounding that Scorsee is now in his late level George Lucas phase of making only dogshit films. The budget for the Irishman is rumored to be nearly $250million. A quarter of a billion dollars to produce a movie that is insignificant in every way. It made less than $1million in theaters worldwide and sold next to no copies on DVD or Bluray. Had to be some laundering going on there.
If the numbers are correct and legitimate, then Scorsese would never be able to get financing for a film in this lifetime or 3 or 4 lifetimes. Something was/is definitely fishy with the financing of that film.

As good as Goodfellas was/is. It didn't do particularly well in the box office. It made close to $60 million during its run and it didn't have much of an international box office. It has obviously made a lot via VHS and DVD-

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout

The movie was actually financed by that scammer who makes those Steven Seagal and Bruce Willis geezer teasers.

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
irishman-irish.gif

Get old with some dignity.

I just realized they probably had to deliberately lower the shop awning 6 inches to make him appear taller.

G

I don’t like that Jim undeservingly gets all the big chances, but I do like that none of them ever boost his profile. Years on a big market radio show, featured spot on Leno, reoccurring character on some Starz garbage, this Scorsese movie and he still is an unknown prop comic doing characters to a tiny audience.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
The movie was actually financed by that scammer who makes those Steven Seagal and Bruce Willis geezer teasers.

As much as this guy is a piece of shit, I can’t hate him for the fact that he was one of the producers on the 2008 Rambo movie, one of my favorite movies of all time.

Didn’t see the Irishman, I can’t stand deniro anymore and they should never have tried to position these 75 year old men as tough gangsters. Norton being in it tells you all you need to know.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Under the listed characteristics of Abe Vigoda they always say "towering height" but he was 6'1".
I towered over the rest of those pussies. I gave Al Pacino a wedgie one time. A good one. Ripped the waistband off his tighty whiteys. I also kept showing up to the set of Godfather 2 with my rewrites and they kept saying "we're going a different direction with this one, Abe." My rewrites were eventually stolen and turned into the film The Transporter, starring Jason Statham as me. Anyways, they usually tried to keep me away from the other actors but one time I got ahold of Bobby Deniro through a fence and I was pretending to cry really hard and I just wouldn't let go of him. He started screaming "HELP! I DON'T KNOW YOU!" and I let go of him when security came and said "just kiddin'." It was a really good prank.

Besides 6'1" is as big as you were allowed to be in Hollywood back then aside from famous job-stealing bastard, Ted Cassidy. I almost had a date with the titless alien from the Fifth Element one time but our schedules clashed.

Last edited:

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
As much as this guy is a piece of shit, I can’t hate him for the fact that he was one of the producers on the 2008 Rambo movie, one of my favorite movies of all time.

Didn’t see the Irishman, I can’t stand deniro anymore and they should never have tried to position these 75 year old men as tough gangsters. Norton being in it tells you all you need to know.

Escape Plan was great, too. He also produced Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans. Werner Herzog directing Nic Cage. How oddball does it get?