• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Did you know that WGA writers earn a minimum of $5,000 per week?

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
A first time screen writer gets $100,000 for the first draft, and the median is $250,000

A "written by" credit on one episode of a show ranges from $40,000-$100,000 per episode.

A staff writer on a late night show such as the Daily Show has to be paid $5,000 per week, as a minimum. They would only have to work for a couple of months before they are making more than most service industry workers make in a year.

This is all before benefits and residuals and doesn't include pay rises if you become a big name.

SensibleKeks

Forum Clout
Wasn't the last witer's strike a complete flop too? Striking seemed more effective for the unions when content on TV was limited so they had some leverage over studios. Now with streaming services, consumers have endless crap to watch.

Plus these poor sods have to pay union and agent fees on top of this missing pay they will never recover. I'd feel sorry for them but I don't consider writing to be a real profession.

RoxburyRick

Forum Clout
Wasn't the last witer's strike a complete flop too? Striking seemed more effective for the unions when content on TV was limited so they had some leverage over studios. Now with streaming services, consumers have endless crap to watch.

Plus these poor sods have to pay union and agent fees on top of this missing pay they will never recover. I'd feel sorry for them but I don't consider writing to be a real profession.
South Parks ep on it and watch pretty good

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
Everyone who worked for Corden apparently hated him. It's highly likely that his writing team did that on purpose to publicly humiliate him.
I've heard that theory & Corden is definite assho, but it still meant they didn't need to 'write' anything that week... & is Corden's show usually funny &/or worthy of that writer cost?
Writers & journalists are mostly just reddit-surfers who then copy each other

G

I've heard that theory & Corden is definite assho, but it still meant they didn't need to 'write' anything that week... & is Corden's show usually funny &/or worthy of that writer cost?
Writers & journalists are mostly just reddit-surfers who then copy each other
Happy to say I've never seen a moment of his show or even that Gavin and Stacey wank. Fat prick

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Everyone who worked for Corden apparently hated him. It's highly likely that his writing team did that on purpose to publicly humiliate him.
Yeah with him it sounds like pretty much anyone who’s had to work with him hated him. I remember people in the UK being glad he left to the US, a lot of “you can have him” type reactions. I can’t believe he didn’t get more shit for claiming he was offered Brendan Fraser’s role in “The Whale”

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
People dont know how gifted actors are. Think about it like this. Jesse Ventura claims to have his retirement, medical, and whatever else covered. Why? Not because of his Navy work. Not because of his Governorship. Because he was a fucking actor in Predator.

That's his secondary income. His main source is the WWE. He's the only guy to sue the balls off of Vince McMahon and win. He gets a huge check every time his likeness is used, and I'm sure he got a massive stipend when the WWE sold as well.

CuntFucker

#1 Poster
Forum Clout
normmacdonaldstein.png
jewishnorm.jpg

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
That's his secondary income. His main source is the WWE. He's the only guy to sue the balls off of Vince McMahon and win. He gets a huge check every time his likeness is used, and I'm sure he got a massive stipend when the WWE sold as well.
Oh also by “Having everything covered” i was referring to retirement and insurance rather than straight cash checks. I know 100% WWE isn’t contributing to those two things.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
That was why they had other people record over a lot of the matches he did commentary for when they put out WWE dvd’s / blu rays. Vince didn’t wanna pay Jesse. I think it rumor was Hogan ratted to Vince that Jesse wanted a Union for wrestlers.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
This is true but according to Jesse this is why you rarely see him his likeness used, so who knows how much he’s even making from the WWE.
Also why they haven’t done a Jesse Ventura WWE produced documentary / dvd blu ray. I think the only thing that he gets paid for now is the streaming for WWE network for events he was involved with.