Covers that are better than the originals

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
I have a soft spot for thrash metal, and a high opinion on the guys in Anthrax.

I dig this cover for what it is.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Meadowlark Lime
I have a soft spot for thrash metal, and a high opinion on the guys in Anthrax.

I dig this cover for what it is.

I think Scott Ian is one of the most hack guitarists who became successful. Like eighth grade level shit. I don't dislike all of Anthrax's stuff but I specifically have no respect for Scott Ian as a musician. And I hate that he's hailed as some elder statesman of metal when pretty much all of his peers except maybe Kerry King are way, way better than him.

And yeah, I said it. Fuck Kerry King too. Slayer rules overall but he sucks. He can't play lead for shit and every cool riff was written by Jeff Hanneman.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
I think Scott Ian is one of the most hack guitarists who became successful. Like eighth grade level shit. I don't dislike all of Anthrax's stuff but I specifically have no respect for Scott Ian as a musician. And I hate that he's hailed as some elder statesman of metal when pretty much all of his peers except maybe Kerry King are way, way better than him.

And yeah, I said it. Fuck Kerry King too. Slayer rules overall but he sucks. He can't play lead for shit and every cool riff was written by Jeff Hanneman.

While I happen to like Scott Ian, I don't think he's a God. I agree with most of what you said.

Personally, I find my brother Steve to be a far more rounded guitarist than Scott, but I'm biased.

And we don't play thrash metal.

But hey, I have more life to live, you never know...