Compound Media had a live Morning Show for SEVEN Years??? WTF

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Gavin quit Compound Media to work for some mainstream outlet, and then the mainstream outlet shitcanned him after two weeks.

It was "The Blaze" or something like that.

I've long thought that Gavin has been bankrolling Compound Media for ages. I think that's because:

1) Gavin is probably wealthier than people realize. Vice was worth billions before they crashed and burned, and Gavin was a cofounder. They certainly had to write him a very large check to get him to leave. Gavin once mentioned offhand that he owns an apartment building in Brooklyn; the income for *one* apartment building is certainly seven figures a year.

2) There was a while there when Ant was trying to get Opie to "invest" in CM. Gavin was at the studio that day and seemed visibly irritated that the Opester was there. I'm guessing Gavin wasn't too keen on seeing anyone else messing with his investments.

I think if that were the case, Gavin would not have started his own platform, Uncensoredsodomy.tv. Gavin probably would have liked to have partnered with Ant after SiriusXM fired him, but that never happened, so Gavin went out on his own. The reason Gavin still does weekly shows with Ant and hangs with him is because they are both persona non grata in the mainstream media and have no one else.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
I was always under the impression that the courting of Opie was 100% KtC and Ant was not the one pushing for reconciliation.
I definitely agree. It's under KtC that all the more ambitious/outlandish Compound Media initiatives happened. The AA Show, Ron & Anthony, the offers to Opie. It's pretty clear he was trying to grow and reinvent CM when it started floundering, which coincidentally would've meant more profit for him. Unfortunately for that endeavor, he was also corrupt, greedy and incompetent, all while managing a rapidly depreciating, already questionable asset: Anthony Cumia

he wasn’t a pot bellied asshole ripping off his führer for hundreds of thousands a year
That's kinda exactly what he was lmao

I was always under the impression that the courting of Opie was 100% KtC and Ant was not the one pushing for reconciliation.
AntH likely thought it was worth getting back on "business terms" with The Opester if only to foot the bill. I can see him thinking Opie would have agreed to a "You pay for half, and then you can just... own half" agreement where he took up a significant chunk of the burden with little to no benefit.