Compound Media had a live Morning Show for SEVEN Years??? WTF

The sad thing was that it wasn't even really horrible- it was just a horrible fit for compound media and/or a comedy network. And no one promoted it at all.

It was bland. But both Bill and Joanne were personable enough. And Bill did put in some amount of effort to get guests and material. It was no worse than most of the crap Sirius, terrestrial radio, or cable TV runs in the morning.

And I doubt either of the hosts were getting paid more than peanuts. Bill reportedly kept his night job as a hotel desk clerk. And Joanne is a waitress (and occasional actress). Both have fallen far from their Fox News days

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
The *actually* funny thing is that Bill was hired when Gavin quit because stupid KtC thought that Bill was an adequate replacement for Gavin on a "political" show.

> Imagine having a live morning show without any star power...

Those two had more name recognition than most of the Compound Media B roll. They were both Red Eye alums.
Gavin quit, but still goes on Compund? Why did he quit?

And I doubt either of the hosts were getting paid more than peanuts. Bill reportedly kept his night job as a hotel desk clerk. And Joanne is a waitress (and occasional actress). Both have fallen far from their Fox News days
According to Redbar, they were paid $150/week for 7 years. Not sure if true but I could see it knowing Nana's stingyness.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
It's crazy they had a morning show last more than a year considering the average Compound Media subscriber doesn't wake up until the afternoon.

Gavin quit, but still goes on Compund? Why did he quit?

Gavin quit Compound Media to work for some mainstream outlet, and then the mainstream outlet shitcanned him after two weeks.

It was "The Blaze" or something like that.

I've long thought that Gavin has been bankrolling Compound Media for ages. I think that's because:

1) Gavin is probably wealthier than people realize. Vice was worth billions before they crashed and burned, and Gavin was a cofounder. They certainly had to write him a very large check to get him to leave. Gavin once mentioned offhand that he owns an apartment building in Brooklyn; the income for *one* apartment building is certainly seven figures a year.

2) There was a while there when Ant was trying to get Opie to "invest" in CM. Gavin was at the studio that day and seemed visibly irritated that the Opester was there. I'm guessing Gavin wasn't too keen on seeing anyone else messing with his investments.