• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

College dropout touts upcoming lecture series

DanMullen'sRetardedNephew

Opie Simp
Forum Clout
I don't think I could sit through a lecture from a moon-faced glutton lisping through his fishlips and swishing his arms around in a girlish manner while trying to sound like a tough guy.
I hope one of us can, I really want to see footage of this fat buffoon trying to sound smart in front of an audience. I'm sure it will be as cringe as his standup.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Forum Clout
The second is just me taking a huge piss on everything Elon Musk says he's going to do on Mars by 2050. Because that's straight up Bond Villain territory and I don't think enough people have taken the time to expose how ridiculous it is

Do you know why people don't shit on Musk's goals, Pat? It's because:
  1. Musk's said his goals are strictly aspirational,
  2. NASA has given up on human spaceflight as much as they possibly can, and so he's the only guy working on it. If they shit on him too much and he quits, nobody goes to Mars.
(I had an effort post in here, but the TL,DR is that NASA don't want to put people into space, because it's dangerous. Supposed to go to Mars after Apollo, didn't. Supposed to replace the space shuttle in the 90s, didn't. Supposed to build new space suits for Mars and the Moon, spent 300 million, haven't made a suit since the 70s and have had to cancel spacewalks due to parts shortages.)

So if you're wondering, Pat, why no-one's "exposing it", it's because you'd have to be a giant, autistic asshole to do so.

AntsBatteryCharge

&$;;-:
Forum Clout
I don't think I could sit through a lecture from a moon-faced glutton lisping through his fishlips and swishing his arms around in a girlish manner while trying to sound like a tough guy.

94-CC563-F-9-AF2-414-C-B3-A0-F38-EEC602-AC6.jpg

Drools Verne
Gorge Meal-iès

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Do you know why people don't shit on Musk's goals, Pat? It's because:
  1. Musk's said his goals are strictly aspirational,
  2. NASA has given up on human spaceflight as much as they possibly can, and so he's the only guy working on it. If they shit on him too much and he quits, nobody goes to Mars.
(I had an effort post in here, but the TL,DR is that NASA don't want to put people into space, because it's dangerous. Supposed to go to Mars after Apollo, didn't. Supposed to replace the space shuttle in the 90s, didn't. Supposed to build new space suits for Mars and the Moon, spent 300 million, haven't made a suit since the 70s and have had to cancel spacewalks due to parts shortages.)

So if you're wondering, Pat, why no-one's "exposing it", it's because you'd have to be a giant, autistic asshole to do so.
Well, NASA dumped a shit ton of money into the Orion crew vehicle and the Ares, then during the obama admin their focus was changed to developing technologies we could use now, rather than for an aspirational project years in the future. Keep in mind NASAs budget is a fraction of what the military space projects get, and they can basically launch shit that they lose or blows up and nobody gives a fuck, because it's classified. I believe the Orion is still in development but the Ares was cancelled, so I guess they are keeping it going with the expectation that someday they'll have the vehicle to put it into space? My guess is they are hoping private companies like SpaceX will develop them, then they'll contract them to build those vehicles for them. I mean I don't think Elon really wants to go to mars all on his own dime, in the end he wants to Make money off this thing. And the rest of the private companies seem to be restricted to Space Tourism for the wealthy.

Last edited:

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Forum Clout
Well, NASA dumped a shit ton of money into the Orion crew vehicle and the Ares, then during the obama admin their focus was changed to developing technologies we could use now, rather than for an aspirational project years in the future.
Nope. Ares - which was the third attempt to reuse old space shuttle tech - got cancelled, and so they renamed it the "Space Launch System" and rebooted it. They spent $230 billion on Ares, and about $23 billion on SLS, and have produced exactly 1 flyable test rocket. Remember, they've been working on a shuttle replacement since '86, and almost all of their plans look like 1991's National Launch System. Four Space Shuttle Main Engines on the bottom, a couple of Shuttle solid boosters on the side, a Shutlle Orbital manoeuvring engine on the second stage and an Apollo-style capsule up top. The first SLS flight will literally be using old shuttle engines, pulled off before they sent it to the Smithsonian. That doesn't take forty years to develop, considering NASA went from "never been to space" to men on the moon in a decade.

It's not money that's the problem, either - their budget's sat at about half of the Apollo-era spending for decades, and remember that all the shit they've already built can be reused. The old Apollo pad and launch tower got reused for the Space Shuttle, and then reused again for SpaceX's Crew Dragon. Same with vacuum chambers, rocket test beds, wind tunnels, etc. Plus, reusing already developed components like shuttle engines and tanks cuts the development cost substantially. NASA just figured out that manned spaceflight is dangerous, and when people die they get shouted at, so don't send people. The only reason NASA has anyone in space at all is because the Russians took on the risk of launching them with Soyuz after the shuttle stopped flying in 2011, and Musk/SpaceX took it on after relations with Russia became difficult.

Did I mention that they haven't built a new space suit since the 1970s, despite spending $200 million on them? EVAs are dangerous, and if they don't build any actual spacesuits they don't have to go on them. Actually, make that $400 million.