• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

But...you HAVE to publish my new book.

Forum Clout
Just a reminder that pat has been waiting for a contract to finish In The Red for almost 5 years. In The Black ended with a cliffhanger. This means that his sales are so poor that it isn't even worth a pity contract because his fans can be counted on your fingers and toes.
Ha. At least TOR author Robert Jordan had enough respect to die before finishing his series. He didn't walk away from it - he was carried away by pallbearers, and someone still finished it from his notes. What's Pat's excuse?

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Just a reminder that pat has been waiting for a contract to finish In The Red for almost 5 years. In The Black ended with a cliffhanger. This means that his sales are so poor that it isn't even worth a pity contract because his fans can be counted on your fingers and toes.
And pat probably finished it that way on purpose to force the publishers hand, not realizing what a fuck you that was to his few fans

G

And pat probably finished it that way on purpose to force the publishers hand, not realizing what a fuck you that was to his few fans
Pretty sure it was the other way around, i.e. his publisher telling him that since the first two books in his trilogy sold so poorly, he needed to write a brand-new novel because they weren't going to publish the final book in the trilogy.

Tor is a science fiction publishing house but I still can't believe they didn't make him to write some "orange man bad" book to publish under an imprint. By this point they had to have known Pat's Twitter audience wasn't there for his sci-fi and Tor should've tried something different to recoup their money. (If anyone from Tor is reading this feel free to reach out, maybe we can work out a consulting arrangement.)

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Pretty sure it was the other way around, i.e. his publisher telling him that since the first two books in his trilogy sold so poorly, he needed to write a brand-new novel because they weren't going to publish the final book in the trilogy.

Tor is a science fiction publishing house but I still can't believe they didn't make him to write some "orange man bad" book to publish under an imprint. By this point they had to have known Pat's Twitter audience wasn't there for his sci-fi and Tor should've tried something different to recoup their money. (If anyone from Tor is reading this feel free to reach out, maybe we can work out a consulting arrangement.)
the way I see it, both contracts he had were for 2 books. He wrote the second as a cliffhanger thinking they would have to give him a new contract for the next one. Never in his second contract were they going to continue the series he started writing in the contract with the other publisher.

G

the way I see it, both contracts he had were for 2 books. He wrote the second as a cliffhanger thinking they would have to give him a new contract for the next one. Never in his second contract were they going to continue the series he started writing in the contract with the other publisher.
It's well established that he signed a three-book deal at Tor. You can look around here, Leslie has commented on it as well since Tor put out a press release at some point... Pat isn't a reliable narrator but he comments on it here as well: [URL]https://civilianreader.com/2018/06/27/quick-qa-with-patrick-s-tomlinson/[/URL]

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
two people he doesn't know in person are going to buy this horseshit, and they're me and Daniel Mullen

I'll torrent the damn thing if I have to... I'm Minecraft.

I'd never give this fat fuck any money, I just want to read it to Gosia to watch her laugh.

EDIT: FAWKED UP there, gonna LEAVE IT ALONE!!

Last edited:

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
I'll torrent the damn thing if I have to... I'm Minecraft.

I'd never give this fat fuck any money, I just want to read it to Gosia to watch her laugh.
I had a coworker who spent all day talking about writing a book, and one day I just told him "thats not what writers do, talking about achievements releases the same dopamine as doing things, and it ruins your motivation to actually do things" and he threatened to kill me and greeted me with "fuck you" for like months. Buying his self published book was such a joy because its so hilariously bad.