• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Best British comedy show?

CuntFucker .

Block and report the imposter
Forum Clout
The Thick of it is fantastic, great writing and acting, speaking of another Armando Ianucci shows, i really think I'm Alan partridge and Knowing me Knowing You are also some of the best.
Thanks for the reminder. I always forget to check out Alan Partridge. I only know him from The Day Today which I watched 10+ years ago.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout
Thanks for the reminder. I always forget to check out Alan Partridge. I only know him from The Day Today which I watched 10+ years ago.
Anything with Partridge is great, just skip his most recent stuff, Mid Morning Matters is the last great Partridge project, and one of the best.

Coogan also had a cameo role in In The Loop.

G

Fawlty Towers
Blackadder
Spitting Image (up to a point)
Harry Enfield and Chums
The Fast Show
The Office
Peep Show
Extras
Garth Marenghi's Dark Place
The Inbetweeners (juvenile, but if you haven't seen this yet, watch it now.)
Fresh Meat (perfectly captured the British uni experience of the early 2000s)

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
Another vote for Fawlty Towers and Peep Show.

I might get slammed for this but The Mighty Boosh. I know it became a hipster favourite but it was fucking brilliant nonetheless.

It had that distinctly British Monty Python, Blackadder esque surrealist humour mixed with a classic straight man/funny man dynamic.
I loved Boosh, but the gay little songs were often skin-crawling. Sometimes hilarious, but mostly I remember them being cringy.
Gotta throw another in for Blackadder, one of the few series that only got better as it went, and might have the best ending of any television show.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
I loved Boosh, but the gay little songs were often skin-crawling. Sometimes hilarious, but mostly I remember them being cringy.
Gotta throw another in for Blackadder, one of the few series that only got better as it went, and might have the best ending of any television show.
I felt like the WWI season (Goes Forth?) Was weaker than the rest except Lord Flashheart but still good. And Hugh Laurie. In the thick of it was great, "he's gone glenntal" had me crying laughing

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
The Inbetweeners (juvenile, but if you haven't seen this yet, watch it now.)
I loved this show, but it's something that would have been #1 for teenage me to watch.

My personal favourite British comedy is Black Books because I'm partial to Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey. "What happened to all the books?" "I sold them" "Oh, JESUS!!"