• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Beach Boys VS. Beatles VS. Stones thread

CuntFucker .

Block and report the imposter
Forum Clout
The Beatles do absolutely nothing for me.

Making fun of Heather Mill's miscarriage in form of changed up Beatles songs was a good bit though. "There goes my son, dudu dudu."

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
chip-faggot.jpeg

FAWKIN KISS DVV DVV

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Without Pet Sounds, the Beach Boys wouldn't be in the conversation. One great album doesn't put them in the running. CSN had better harmonies. I know Pet Sounds front to back, but fuck overrated Brian Wilson. Eccentric fucking nerd. gEnIuS:

They say eccentricity is the key to creative genius. What they don't say is it often goes hand in hand with varying degrees of mental illness.

I say that because Pet Sounds is the outlier for him. Smile, which was the proposed follow up he abandoned, wasn't finished for 40 years... And it only ended up being good

Oh sure, critics polished his bollocks, despite the fact that 1. It's not like the original intention if you track down the bootlegs, and 2. Everyone seemed to build up this idea of what the album should be in their mind, to the point that I don't think they would've called it "bad" or "serviceable" if they really wanted to. It's the rare example of a never-was that came back into being.

I'm happy Brian is doing fairly well, I'm happy he finished it, but his original idea was during a creative peak of time where he couldn't maintain his mental health to see it through. What you get now is bits and pieces of the past Brian Wilson that's mainly overlayed with the modern one - and they're not remotely the same.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
Without Pet Sounds, the Beach Boys wouldn't be in the conversation. One great album doesn't put them in the running. CSN had better harmonies. I know Pet Sounds front to back, but fuck overrated Brian Wilson. Eccentric fucking nerd. gEnIuS:

I think Love You is an amazing album. It's such a departure, you hear their now broken voices over synthesizers. It's the last thing you think of when you hear Beach Boys. Got a copy of it hanging on my wall.

Bumley

Forum Clout
I think Love You is an amazing album. It's such a departure, you hear their now broken voices over synthesizers. It's the last thing you think of when you hear Beach Boys. Got a copy of it hanging on my wall.

I tried with them. Just can't. I'd rather hear the surf songs than anything after Pet Sounds. Sail On Sailor is a gem. I don't deny Wilson's talent, but that childlike 80's Casio sound is terrible to me.

Then again, I like a lot of 80's Dylan, so what do I know?

Bumley

Forum Clout
Wwaw da new Stones song. I like the sound of not Micks vocals
I've been hating Mick's voice since Tattoo You. I don't know if it's intentional, but it seems like he's been playing up the voice since then. More shouty than singy. Keith's songs and voice have been overall great since then. He had the two best songs on Bridges.

RoxburyRick

Forum Clout
I've been hating Mick's voice since Tattoo You. I don't know if it's intentional, but it seems like he's been playing up the voice since then. More shouty than singy. Keith's songs and voice have been overall great since then. He had the two best songs on Bridges.
My favorite Stones song is Happy which is basically 85% Keith, 5% Bobby Keyes, 5% Jimmy Miller and 5% Mick Taylor overdubs. Micks been playing it up a while your right

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
I tried with them. Just can't. I'd rather hear the surf songs than anything after Pet Sounds. Sail On Sailor is a gem. I don't deny Wilson's talent, but that childlike 80's Casio sound is terrible to me.

Then again, I like a lot of 80's Dylan, so what do I know?
I don't like Sail On Sailor, lol. It's fromn when Blondie Chaplin and Ricky Fataar joined the band and Blondie is the lead singer on it. That album, Holland, had some great other songs on it though.

Forum Clout
Brian's musical peaks are better than anything the Beatles did, but the Beatles never made a bad album, and the Beach Boys definitely did. The Rolling Stones are the same blues shit for 50 years and now they do tours sponsored by AARP.

That period of like late 1964 to before Pet Sounds is the best Brian era to me. Just making the absolute best pop music.

Forum Clout
Surf's up is one of the best albums.
Surf's Up is probably Brian's best song. Carl's vocals that they did for the album are technically "better" but I prefer Brian's original SMiLE-era vocals.

Speaking of, getting the SMiLE and Pet Sounds box sets just before they went out of print was PFG. SMiLE one goes for like 500 dollars now.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
My first serious girlfriend was massively into the beach boys and I so strongly identify them with her it's completely ruined some great pop songs. she's dead now after giving me absolute hell for a while.

I just tried listening again and it brought back some mid 00s rage I had buried