• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Are there any actually good Oscar bait movies?

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
Was just watching this compilation of this weird tranny youtuber reviewing them all since the 20s and they legitimately all look terrible. They're either depressing, so dated they are shit by default or moralizing pretentious shite.

Are there any of them that are actually worth watching?

CuntFucker .

Block and report the imposter
Forum Clout
Maybe you should go through the list of Palme d'Or winners. At least those movies tend to be interesting.

HotDogJoe

Forum Clout
Why are you watching tranny youtubers pal?

I'm not 100% it was actually a tranny. Just 95. She/he has that weird chipmunk voice they tend to have so I just assumed it was. Judge for yourselves, staIkers...

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
It’s crazy to look at previous best picture winners from the 70s through 2000s because they were movies people actually saw and are rewatchable and still talked about. Pretty much every best picture winner of the last 15 years was forgotten a month later. When is the last time you heard anyone talk about “The Artist”?

HotDogJoe

Forum Clout
It’s crazy to look at previous best picture winners from the 70s through 2000s because they were movies people actually saw and are rewatchable and still talked about. Pretty much every best picture winner of the last 15 years was forgotten a month later. When is the last time you heard anyone talk about “The Artist”?

You don't think Crash has stood the test of time?? :image_4848:

quote-it-s-the-sense-of-touch-in-any-real-city-you-walk-you-know-you-brush-past-people-people-don-cheadle-62-40-84.jpg

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout

The 2000s had some solid best picture winners. Gladiator, The Departed, No Country, LOTR was never really my thing but other people enjoy it. I rewatched Slumdog Millionaire a couple months ago and it still holds up, beautiful film.

Then the 2010s is just garbage Best Picture winners until they finally gave it to Parasite in 2019. Spotlight is my pick for the worst of the bunch, half of it is made up and it was only pushed because it's a "yeah fuck the Catholic Church!" movie.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
The 2000s had some solid best picture winners. Gladiator, The Departed, No Country, LOTR was never really my thing but other people enjoy it. I rewatched Slumdog Millionaire a couple months ago and it still holds up, beautiful film.

Then the 2010s is just garbage Best Picture winners until they finally gave it to Parasite in 2019. Spotlight is my pick for the worst of the bunch, half of it is made up and it was only pushed because it's a "yeah fuck the Catholic Church!" movie.
Yeah the 2000s were the last good ones, those are movies you could watch more than once unlike the past winners that are seen and pretty much never mentioned again after the Oscar’s

G

Depends what we're talking about. If it's just Best Picture winners, then yeah it's been mostly shit for awhile. If it's just nominees, I can probably find at least one good movie every year.

G

Okay, 1996 is pretty rough.

Screenshot_20230403_150242_Chrome.jpg

watch a movie that the Academy ripped on because it didn't make a billion. BABYLON is the best movie of last year. It's insane.
I've been putting it off, but you're like the 4th or 5th person I've seen saying this. I need to just watch the fucker.

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
Maybe you should go through the list of Palme d'Or winners. At least those movies tend to be interesting.

The French Cesar awards are also very good. Lots of great movies in this list.

Roman Polanski and Gerard Depardieu have won the most, which just shows how little they give a fuck about what Hollywood thinks when the movie is good.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Movies aren't the height of good storytelling anymore. You can have 6/8/10/12 episode series with good budgets and actors going deeper into a story than any 2 and a half hour movie could. I get it back in the day when TV budgets were low as were the standards but these days most box office stars aren't particularly great actors.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
watch a movie that the Academy ripped on because it didn't make a billion. BABYLON is the best movie of last year. It's insane.
I want to see that, I saw Eric Roberts played Margot’s father. I really want him to have some big comeback role Oscar like Brendan Fraser had this year. Check out his IMDB, he’s the busiest actor alive, will do anything if he’s available and very respected for his attitude.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Movies aren't the height of good storytelling anymore. You can have 6/8/10/12 episode series with good budgets and actors going deeper into a story than any 2 and a half hour movie could. I get it back in the day when TV budgets were low as were the standards but these days most box office stars aren't particularly great actors.
Plus it used to be you were either a movie or tv actor and rarely did a tv actor successfully jump to films. Now TV is seen as better than Film.