• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Anyone here who's old enough to remember the free AOL trial discs...

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Forum Clout
I never understood what was in them. Like. You can't get internet on a CD. And if you already had internet you could download AIM and stuff. my question is. What the fuck was America Online.
People didn’t have internet at their house so they had no way to download the software ahead of time to set it up unless they were super nerds who knew how to dial into a BBS or something. They just had computers with modems, so the disks had the software on them that let you connect. Also, it took 10 minutes to download 1 Sandra bullock fake nude back then so it made sense to not have people download shit for hours.

AOL was an internet service provider who had like their own private site with an easy to use dashboard for people who didn’t know what they were doing. So you’d click the button for news or sports or whatever and could see what was going on. And they had chat rooms.

PickleRickle

You are not a glowie. You are just stupid.
Forum Clout
That's what alts remind me of. Some broken ass nigga who can't be bothered to pay $20 for AOL so they need a new account every month.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Memories of this shit pops into my head on occasion. I miss the computer games that came in cereal boxes. Snagging a free copy of roller coaster tycoon or Clue would pretty mint. The cereal jews would never do that these days.

Monk

Forum Clout
We used to drive around in my friend John's shitty red Cavalier and take as many as we could. Two of us would go into places like Blockbuster where they'd have a small display of them sitting on the counter. One would distract the person at the counter and the other would just grab the whole fucking display and walk out. For an entire summer, one of our primary pastimes was taking AOL CDs. The trunk of my buddy's Cavalier was filled with literally thousands of them by the time we stopped. The most we ever did with them was fuck with other friends by putting them all over their car or frisbee them out the window as we drove around.

G

They were iconic af and EVERYWHERE. You would see the white little envelope thingy it came in strewn everywhere in the street...IMO they made CDs cheap.

Before AOL free trial CDs...CDs were a big deal, if you had class u had ur music CD collection displayed in ur living room etc.

After AOL free trial discs... CDs became cheap disposable seeming items.