• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Anyone here play Table Top RPGs?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
To be honest witcha, I'm a bit of a stealthy geek.

D&D 5e, Gloomhaven, dabbled in Pathfinder and D&D 2e. Warhammer 40k and Battletech now have modes where you can add RPG elements.
The problem with all of these games is you basically need a dedicated table to keep things going. I used to have a custom board game table in my basement for things like Gloomhaven or other massive games. But I replaced it with a boxing gym. These games are now designed for people who literally do nothing but game on the weekends or live alone. Just the setup for something like 40K is a huge commitment.

Like I cannot even fold out a ping-pong table and play a quick session because the setup and tear-down times on these games are an eternity. Even smaller solo board games and RPGs take up too much space. I went back to playing videogames again because all I need is a controller and maybe a console.

Mike Glyer

Rick is Persona Non Grata on File 770
Forum Clout
The problem with all of these games is you basically need a dedicated table to keep things going. I used to have a custom board game table in my basement for things like Gloomhaven or other massive games. But I replaced it with a boxing gym. These games are now designed for people who literally do nothing but game on the weekends or live alone. Just the setup for something like 40K is a huge commitment.

Like I cannot even fold out a ping-pong table and play a quick session because the setup and tear-down times on these games are an eternity. Even smaller solo board games and RPGs take up too much space. I went back to playing videogames again because all I need is a controller and maybe a console.
Definitely valid points. I will say that 40k set up takes much less time now (less units in play, smaller boards) and other games are aware of the set up issue and have tried streamlining things in recent versions
D&D 5e is a good example of a system that allows you to create and run a character/session quickly compared to previous versions.

That being said, it's definitely a lifestyle unfortunately as gay as that sounds. Need to meet every week or every two weeks to keep any momentum in a campaign. And with kids and a career it's tough. I'm asleep by 9-10pm some nights.

G

Anything to get away from the old ball and chain for a night.

Part of being together is spending time apart, Suki.

artworks-8UA3PovMErNsEyyh-g9VuzA-t500x500.jpg

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
If any of you dorks want to play Gloomhaven on PC, I own a copy. Haven't played myself because I'm always fuggin' chicks but, you know, when I'm not fuggin' chicks I'd be down for a rousing match with the fellas.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
I did and wish I still could but it's hard with a career and kids. Tried roll20 but it's just dull playing with strangers. I want my barbarian to be Jerome Niggerson and everyone has a problem with it.
yea I joined a friend's group on roll20. You drop ONE hard R in the Discord and all the sudden people get uncomfortable.