• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Anyone else want to train for a marathon next year?

G

[URL unfurl="true"]https://resultscui.active.com/participants/32778199[/URL]

Patrick did a half marathon in 02:17:52 when he was 33. I'm assuming that's around the age of most people here. The goal is to beat his marathon time and call him a faggot.

I also sort of want to do a marathon just because I can't picture myself doing it. I was a terrible athlete in school. To run a marathon would be so out of character for me that I have this crazy urge to go for it.

According to the Internet, it takes between 16 and 20 weeks to train for a marathon.

Before finishing this thread, I just sent my IRL friend a link to a marathon near me and he agreed to do it. We're in for one next year. Join me, faggots! @CarolMaxheinie Not yoooouuu

G

[URL unfurl="true"]https://resultscui.active.com/participants/32778199[/URL]

Patrick did a half marathon in 02:17:52 when he was 33. I'm assuming that's around the age of most people here. The goal is to beat his marathon time and call him a faggot.

I also sort of want to do a marathon just because I can't picture myself doing it. I was a terrible athlete in school. To run a marathon would be so out of character for me that I have this crazy urge to go for it.

According to the Internet, it takes between 16 and 20 weeks to train for a marathon.

Before finishing this thread, I just sent my IRL friend a link to a marathon near me and he agreed to do it. We're in for one next year. Join me, faggots! @CarolMaxheinie Not yoooouuu
Dude, are you having a manic episode?

Will Tate

Oven March
Forum Clout
My high school cross-country career was followed by decades of heavy smoking, drinking, marijuana use and sitting on my ass, which is a long way of saying fuck no. Though running in the Boston Marathon was always a bucket list thing for me just to say I did it, embarrassing finishing time be damned.

CarolMaxheinie

Runner, Unlike Fatrick
Forum Clout
If you’re serious, I would shoot for a half marathon first. No matter your background or current fitness level, breaking 2:10 on a HM is very doable with 16 weeks of dedicated training: four runs a week, with a rest day and two cross-training days on your non-running days. There are sooo many websites with free training templates to help you, and the most important way to choose is to find the one that meets your scheduling needs.

Good luck!!

G

If you’re serious, I would shoot for a half marathon first. No matter your background or current fitness level, breaking 2:10 on a HM is very doable with 16 weeks of dedicated training: four runs a week, with a rest day and two cross-training days on your non-running days. There are sooo many websites with free training templates to help you, and the most important way to choose is to find the one that meets your scheduling needs.

Good luck!!
Im using hal higdon's marathon training guide. It's just 12 week plan though. Surely I can train before then, or would that be overtraining or something?

Forum Clout
Do they let you rip Marlboros while you run it
A buddy of mine that play lacrosse in college had a teammate who loved cigarettes. Guy would dog it in practice until it was conditioning time. He would be the first one finished all the time. My friend figured it out, the faster the guy got done his conditioning the sooner he could light up a cigarette.

Last edited:

Gay Faggot.

When the frying pan hits just right.
Forum Clout
My high school cross-country career was followed by decades of heavy smoking, drinking, marijuana use and sitting on my ass, which is a long way of saying fuck no. Though running in the Boston Marathon was always a bucket list thing for me just to say I did it, embarrassing finishing time be damned.
Rippin darts and drinking has leveled me. It’s hard to believe I was a pretty good basketball player and I used to ride trails on my bike. Now I can barely get up the stairs without being out of breath. Fuckin Jews.

CarolMaxheinie

Runner, Unlike Fatrick
Forum Clout
Im using hal higdon's marathon training guide. It's just 12 week plan though. Surely I can train before then, or would that be overtraining or something?
Higdon is a great one!! In my experience the issue with Higdon’s 12 week plan is there’s no room for error…if you get sick or have an “off week” for whatever reason, there goes 8% of your training. A longer plan allows for some missed sessions - although minimizing those is crucial - whereas the shorter plans are less forgiving. Either way, have fun and keep it up! Please let me know how it’s going and when you run your race remember how hard you worked. I’m proud of you!

G

Higdon is a great one!! In my experience the issue with Higdon’s 12 week plan is there’s no room for error…if you get sick or have an “off week” for whatever reason, there goes 8% of your training. A longer plan allows for some missed sessions - although minimizing those is crucial - whereas the shorter plans are less forgiving. Either way, have fun and keep it up! Please let me know how it’s going and when you run your race remember how hard you worked. I’m proud of you!
To add onto this if you’re actually serious and weren’t just on a Coke bender yesterday or manic, training for a half is a lot harder in the winter, especially if you don’t live in the south because there are going to be days when the weather makes it very difficult and since it gets dark so early that makes scheduling harder if you live somewhere that running around at night doesn’t work. It helps to have that added flexibility of a longer program.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarolMaxheinie

Runner, Unlike Fatrick
Forum Clout
To add onto this if you’re actually serious and wasn’t just on a Coke bender yesterday or manic, training for a half is a lot harder in the winter, especially if you don’t live in the south because there are going to be days when the weather makes it very difficult and since it gets dark so early that makes scheduling harder if you live somewhere that running around night doesn’t work. It helps to have that added flexibility of a longer program.
Great point and very true, thanks @JerkStoreJ
To paraphrase my hero @TheGhostOfAbeVigoda I owe you one handjob.

Forum Clout
How good of shape are you in currently? I’m in good shape and I did a half marathon with 3 weeks of specific training but I definitely wouldn’t recommend doing it like I did. I’d follow one of those training plans so you can enjoy the process and the run itself on the day of. My only goal was to finish and I’m happy with my time but I should have trained more because I could have injured myself. My time was faster than Patrick but I’m an emaciated sub 275lbs. The only advice I can give is pay attention to your form so you don’t get injured.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout

I'm in. I need an excuse to get motivated. And I'm pretty sure pat only ran a halfathon, which is definitely easier to prepare for

Last edited: