• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Any God bro’s here?

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
It's your own mind comforting you

Possibly, I don’t think so though.

There will never be a scientist or team of scientists who will be able to answer questions like what caused the Big Bang and why? What existed before it? What is consciousness and how did it arrive? What’s the true scope of the universe?

They can’t know, just like no priest or theologian will be able to tell you why bad things happen to good people.

If you pushed me for an answer, an internet retard I would say this and relate it this way;

At work one of my projects is building a finance system, it communicates with the government and generates tax bills and tells the authorities what we are warehousing etc. We built a test system that operates exactly as the real one but doesn’t send the data, it sends it to a dummy server and tells you if you did it correctly or not.

It doesn’t matter how many times I tell boomers it’s just a test server they can do anything consequence free, they don’t get it and are scared by it. You can generate a tax bill of a trillion dollars to a customer, or tell the port authorities we’re storing plutonium. It doesn’t matter. It does matter in the sense you shouldn’t do it and the compliance team will punish you for it while training, so you learn how to do it properly.

You can learn XML and get a fairly good understanding of how it works, but you won’t know how the internet works or how cloud storage works. My head cannon is maybe life as we know it is the creators test system before you really go live. Maybe XML is scripture and notepad ++ is the bible or something.

Viewed through that lens, anything horrible that happens here doesn’t matter ultimately and every horrible situation must happen here to fortify you.

Allow me to retort.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
There will never be a scientist or team of scientists who will be able to answer questions like what caused the Big Bang and why? What existed before it? What is consciousness and how did it arrive? What’s the true scope of the universe?
Maybe you are right and it's best to go with a nonsensical theory then as we don't have all the answers... but I am personally of the opinion religion and especially traditional organised ones are just olde worlde ways of controlling people some for good reasons some for bad

Forum Clout
It's your own mind comforting you
This is a nonsensical argument and goes both ways. Just as soon as your mind comforts you it also deludes you.

Maybe you are right and it's best to go with a nonsensical theory then as we don't have all the answers... but I am personally of the opinion religion and especially traditional organised ones are just olde worlde ways of controlling people some for good reasons some for bad
Why do you believe that?

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout

If you’re going to boil it down to simple logical arguments of likelihood.

What’s more likely? Everything exploded into existence from nothing, creating everything and all consciousness for no reason at all for no purpose or a creator did it for a reason we can’t discern?

I am not trying to win an argument or belittle you, I would gently just prompt you to be completely open minded and ask Him (however you define it) to reveal himself to you. If you’re angry, ask him for peace, if you’re lost ask to be found.

I did and I was horrendously atheist and he answered me. I believe everything you need to know comes from within, not from the outside.

HH Brother

I wanna fuck you up the ass, funster.
Forum Clout
OP- why did you start this thread

you've read this forum
The answer should be very apparent
imageedit_29_7015857007.jpg

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout

PickleRickle

You are not a glowie. You are just stupid.
Forum Clout
I have an odd view on religion. Lets remove ourselves from the picture for a moment. Picture a realm over-top of ours that we cant see, this is where energies gather. By giving your energy to specific religions and their associated gods, you are powering up whichever representative of that religion that is hanging out in this spirit realm in the form of an Egregore.

"Egregore (also spelled egregor; from French égrégore, from Ancient Greek ἐγρήγορος, egrēgoros 'wakeful') is an occult concept representing a non-physical entity that arises from the collective thoughts of a distinct group of people."

I feel that the reason Christianity has been on the back foot for so long is that our egregore isnt being powered to the same level as the others due to lack of belief.

CorradoSoprano4

Forum Clout
I was raised atheist. I simply spoke to God when I really needed to know if he was there and he spoke back. Not a bit.

Before you make your mind up, I’d encourage you to just sincerely ask him if he’s there.

I don’t mind what anybody does or doesn’t believe, though.
I asked God something and he said FRRRRRUNKIS and then disappeared and never said anything to me ever again.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
I have an odd view on religion. Lets remove ourselves from the picture for a moment. Picture a realm over-top of ours that we cant see, this is where energies gather. By giving your energy to specific religions and their associated gods, you are powering up whichever representative of that religion that is hanging out in this spirit realm in the form of an Egregore.

"Egregore (also spelled egregor; from French égrégore, from Ancient Greek ἐγρήγορος, egrēgoros 'wakeful') is an occult concept representing a non-physical entity that arises from the collective thoughts of a distinct group of people."

I feel that the reason Christianity has been on the back foot for so long is that our egregore isnt being powered to the same level as the others due to lack of belief.

Just like warhammer 40k and the chaos gods lol

PickleRickle

Forum Clout
Yeah, I love w40k. The stories and lore is so vast and interesting.
Right, on. I meant its embarrassing that it looks like im aping the lore for my worldview. There used to be an autist I was friends with that was obsessed with collecting every codex. I kind of miss painting those models. Good times.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Right, on. I meant its embarrassing that it looks like im aping the lore for my worldview. There used to be an autist I was friends with that was obsessed with collecting every codex. I kind of miss painting those models. Good times.

They must have used that concept you described for the storyline, I wasn’t aware it was a real philosophical concept. Interesting, I’ll read more about it eventually.

In the story the emperor of mankind when he walked as a powerful human man violently prevented religious worship of him as a God because he knew the collective belief in him from trillions of souls in the imperium of man would empower him as a God chained to their desires.

Now he’s an immobile corpse god sat on a golden throne for 10k years being worshipped as a god across the galaxy he’s been imbued with vast deity powers but fractured his essence and gone completely insane.

There’s a really cool bit where one of his son’s visits him for the first time in 10k years on his throne and he speaks for the first time since he was put there. It’s the first time he’s spoken in the actual lore for like 50 years, too. He’s desperately clinging onto the last shreds of his humanity and sanity.

Super cool stories, so much better than marvel or Star Wars and stuff.

PickleRickle

Forum Clout
:oops: That sounds pretty badass, man. Is that the guy in the massive armor I see posted around?

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
:oops: That sounds pretty badass, man. Is that the guy in the massive armor I see posted around?

Yeah, warhammer 30k is when the emperor is a giant golden warrior king who conquers the galaxy with his son’s - and his most loved son betrays him and starts a civil war that eventually ruins everything and leaves the emperor a corpse god sat on a life support throne ruling a decaying empire. When he finally dies all of humanity dies with him because he’s keeping the evil chaos gods at bay.

I always recommend people to get into it, it hasn’t been ruined yet with woke nonsense.

Treat Yourself

Forum Clout
None of that enlightened me as much as reading a single CS Lewis book.
I read Mere Christianity at your recommendation and it spoke to me too. The stuff about man's next "form" being a choice rather than the whims of evolution was fascinating. I'm not about to go volunteer at the old folks home or show up to Wednesday mass or anything like that but it did inspire me to be better and answered some questions I had and brought up new ones. I hate how gay this sounds but thank you.

PickleRickle

Forum Clout
Yeah, warhammer 30k is when the emperor is a giant golden warrior king who conquers the galaxy with his son’s - and his most loved son betrays him and starts a civil war that eventually ruins everything and leaves the emperor a corpse god sat on a life support throne ruling a decaying empire. When he finally dies all of humanity dies with him because he’s keeping the evil chaos gods at bay.

I always recommend people to get into it, it hasn’t been ruined yet with woke nonsense.
I like that premise, all the darkness that anime tries to portray without the innate pozzing.