• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Any functional alcoholics here?

TheNanaDook

Forum Clout
Probably. I don’t know the criteria but I’ve been drunk at work plenty of times. Every time i fly out to be on site, the lunches and dinners turn into drink fests and have been up drinking until 3am on a Tuesday with coworkers. Been drunk before 3pm on many Fridays and usually leads to blackouts.

So, yeah i think so.

Bernard Murphy

Jackie Singh has BPD
Forum Clout
Probably. I don’t know the criteria but I’ve been drunk at work plenty of times. Every time i fly out to be on site, the lunches and dinners turn into drink fests and have been up drinking until 3am on a Tuesday with coworkers. Been drunk before 3pm on many Fridays and usually leads to blackouts.

So, yeah i think so.
That's crazy man. I suppose that's the positive of working a job like that; shit gets done even when everyone gets sloshed.

G

I'm a daily drinker but it's always after work. I usually have three or four rum and sodas but sometimes a couple more. Rarely get drunk or have a hangover. I think I technically qualify as an alcoholic despite it not hampering my life at all but I don't care.

Bernard Murphy

Jackie Singh has BPD
Forum Clout
I'm a daily drinker but it's always after work. I usually have three or four rum and sodas but sometimes a couple more. Rarely get drunk or have a hangover. I think I technically qualify as an alcoholic despite it not hampering my life at all but I don't care.
So you're not feeling the buzz anymore? That's a though one.

Did you start drinking after work for the buzz and just stopped feeling it?

G

So you're not feeling the buzz anymore? That's a though one.

Did you start drinking after work for the buzz and just stopped feeling it?
I get the buzz, just stop short of getting drunk. I mainly drink for the muscle relaxing properties - I work a physically demanding job and I'd rather punish my kidneys with good old hooch than pills - they don't give that warm glow that rum does.

If I have things to do I'll put off the drinks until everything's wrapped up and just have one or two before turning in.