• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Any book recommendations? (serious replies only)

Forum Clout
Schecter's book on Gein (Deviant) is brilliant, written in the early eighties and he interviewed a lot of the key players, very detailed and really goes into why the whole community hated Gein and all the shit he had been doing secretly for years - the cover makes it look like throwaway trash but it really is a masterpiece of serial killer/crime writing.
Agreed about the covers. And the time when he wrote them was amongst a lot of trash. His Albert Fish one was pretty good, too. Haven’t read the Gein one yet. They look trashy on the surface but he does his research.

Real research, not Pat research.

Josef Kuminski

кормить бабушку
Forum Clout
Check out Programmed to Kill by Dave McGowan. I read the original Franklin book by John De Camp at the same time and there's a lot of disturbing overlap. Really altered how I see the world.
Yeah the History Homos podcast did an episode on “Programmed to Kill”, so it’s on the reading list. I recently read “Chaos” by O’Neil which is about Manson and the CIA and “Oklahoma City”, which which a fascinating read. The authors all but claim it was an inside job.

DeadWithoutMyDavid

xe/xim/xey
Forum Clout
I've been reading the Prey series of novels by John Sanford. About a semi corrupt detective hunting various killers in the Midwest. Pretty good if all you're looking for is a fast-paced page-turner.

I feel like stupid Pat even writing that. "The elevator pitch is Agatha Christie meets The Wire with a Minnesota twist!"

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Bitter Fruit was a pretty good read--