• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

All quiet on the western front

Monk

Forum Clout
It was the weakest of the 3 versions. Them skipping over his return home was a crucial scene. I did like their version of the crater scene though
They probably should have gone with a different title and different character names but then people would claim they ripped off AQOTWF. It's definitely the weakest book adaptation of the three but looking at it strictly as a WWI movie, I don't think there's been a better or more realistic depiction of trench warfare.

I'd love to see a similarly realistic Civil War movie. Americans need to be reminded why talk of reparations for slavery in this day and age is fucking ridiculous. People have obviously forgotten how horrific the Civil War was, especially if they think some sort of debt is still owed over slavery.

Last edited:

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Forum Clout
I liked this movie They probably should have gone with a different title and different character names but then people would claim they ripped off AQOTWF. It's definitely the weakest book adaptation of the three but looking at it strictly as a WWI movie, I don't think there's been a better or more realistic depiction of trench warfare.

I'd love to see a similarly realistic Civil War movie. Americans need to be reminded why talk of reparations for slavery in this day and age are fucking ridiculous. People have obviously forgotten how horrific the Civil War was, especially if they think some sort of debt is still owed over slavery.
I liked this movie as a WW1 movie for sure. You don't see enough especially thru the German and it's allies perspective.
The originals had shown the time lapse too with little details, like the Germans having the spiked helmets at first and then the helmets slowly getting phased out throughout the movie.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
I finally got round to watching this. It's pretty brutal. It really doesn't hold back with the brutality of it all. I liked it. Between this and 1917thsts two WW1 films I have enjoyed in the past couple of years