• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

All quiet on the western front

G

Watching it right now and it’s pretty great. Anyone here read the book?
Read it in English class and remember liking it. The part where the main character kills the French soldier was pretty fucked up but in the way the book wanted. The German guys visiting a whore house was obviously the main thing I remembered when I was 16. The ending was exactly what you’d expect from an anti war novel.

Monk

Forum Clout
It's by far the least faithful adaptation of the book but it's still one of the best war movies I've ever seen. Nothing woke about it at all. It's a perfect reminder of why so few movies have been made about the Western Front of WWI.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
It's by far the least faithful adaptation of the book but it's still one of the best war movies I've ever seen. Nothing woke about it at all. It's a perfect reminder of why so few movies have been made about the Western Front of WWI.
So few have been made as Americans aren't really as knowledgeable about ww1 so the market isn't there. Weirdly post the 100th anniversary a few have been made. The Peter Jackson documentary where they edit all the jerky footage and add sound to it is pretty incredible. I think if it had ww2 eras camera footage it would be just as talked about on history channels etc

G

Haven't read the book since I was about 14 but roughly halfway through the film and, despite seeming quite different to what I remember of the novel, it's pretty good so far.

Gay Faggot.

When the frying pan hits just right.
Forum Clout
So few have been made as Americans aren't really as knowledgeable about ww1 so the market isn't there. Weirdly post the 100th anniversary a few have been made. The Peter Jackson documentary where they edit all the jerky footage and add sound to it is pretty incredible. I think if it had ww2 eras camera footage it would be just as talked about on history channels etc
WW1 was not a war Americans wanted to be apart of. Much like WW2. Unlike WW2, there isn’t a real discernible “enemy” in the sense of, say as example, Nazi’s=evil. Literature of the time entirely reflects Americans disdain, and the horrors of being involved in WW1. This is similar to Korea, “The Forgotten War”, because once again, people weren’t exactly proud of their involvement. Vietnam, ended up taking the spot light, so it also became forgotten. It’s sad shit that our sons fought and died only to be forgotten.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
WW1 was not a war Americans wanted to be apart of. Much like WW2. Unlike WW2, there isn’t a real discernible “enemy” in the sense of, say as example, Nazi’s=evil. Literature of the time entirely reflects Americans disdain, and the horrors of being involved in WW1. This is similar to Korea, “The Forgotten War”, because once again, people weren’t exactly proud of their involvement. Vietnam, ended up taking the spot light, so it also became forgotten. It’s sad shit that our sons fought and died only to be forgotten.
Yeah ww1 was a very dumb war but if anything there's more to learn from that than a war Vs a obviously nuts regime.